Science and Technology : Congressman Calls To Ban U.S. Dollar In Response To Plea For Bitcoin Ban

Let's not leave out the Penny, lol:

Some say the United States should stop using pennies because the cost of producing the coin is now higher than the value of the coin. Even the US Mint admits that the cost of producing a penny in 2007 could be as high as 1.4 cents. Pennies are no longer made from pure copper, which would make the minting of them prohibitively expensive, but rather from zinc and a thin coating of copper. Supporters of the penny often suggest that the US government should continue to produce the coin, only with cheaper metallic alloys than zinc or copper.

http://www.wisegeek.com/should-the-united-states-stop-using-pennies.htm
When I was stationed in Germany, the PX and Commissary did not use pennies: any purchase total was simply rounded to the nearest nickel, and all change was in 'silver'. It evened out over a few purchases, and no one missed those pesky pennies.

When I was stationed in Germany, the PX and Commissary did not use pennies: any purchase total was simply rounded to the nearest nickel, and all change was in 'silver'. It evened out over a few purchases, and no one missed those pesky pennies.

One day, all my copper pennies will make real dollars.

Bitcoin drops more than 10% as scrutiny of cryptocurrencies grows

By Tom Wilson
Reuters

UK Royal Mint to offer custodial services to a new cryptocurrency project

Carol Gaszcz
The Block

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back