Science and Technology : Congressman Calls To Ban U.S. Dollar In Response To Plea For Bitcoin Ban

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Gorilla, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,460
    Chasing fake volume: a crypto-plague
    In this piece I will expose why I believe more than $3 billion of all cryptoassets’ volume to be fabricated, and how OKex, #1 exchange rated by volume, is the main offender with up to 93% of its volume being nonexistent. I’ll endeavour to prove it by analyzing publicly available data

[​IMG]
    Sylvain Ribes
    Trader and investor. Follow me on Twitter @ArtPlaie

When I set out to datamine for this piece, I had no idea I would end up talking about fake volume.

I initially meant to gather data about cryptoassets liquidity, that could be a complement to volume. I thought it would prove an interesting indicator when assessing the value of an asset.

[​IMG]

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,460
    An Open Letter to Banks about Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies

[​IMG]

Peter McCormack
    Dad first // Crypto Trader // Podcaster // Blogger // Miner // Antagonist // Advisor // Podcast: http://goo.gl/nLuKL2 // www.whatbitcoindid.com

The What Bitcoin Did Podcast: Bitcoin & Crypto Trading | Strategy | Business | Mining by Peter McCormack: Bitcoin & Crypto Trader, Blogger, Miner and Consultant on Apple Podcasts

Download past episodes or subscribe to future episodes of The What Bitcoin Did Podcast: Bitcoin & Crypto Trading | Strategy | Business | Mining by Peter McCormack: Bitcoin & Crypto Trader, Blogger, Miner and Consultant for free.
    itunes.apple.com

... Recently I made this new friend called Bitcoin; a form of Cryptocurrency, I call her Crypto, you have probably heard of her. She is fresh and exciting, and I want you to get to know her too, I want you to make her part of our relationship.

https://hackernoon.com/an-open-letter-to-banks-about-bitcoin-and-cryptocurrencies-b0c7ef9b7c62
    [​IMG]

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,460
    2 Things to Do While the Cryptocurrency Market Falls
    Besides crying, screaming, and other self-destructive behavior

[​IMG]
    Reza Jafery
    Do as I say, not as I do. Forever a student. Blockchain Advisor & Investor/CoFounder @LVLUPDojo & @CasualSolutions

... Cryptocurrency investing is an emotional roller coaster, even for experienced traders. Don’t let your emotions control your actions, stick to your strategy, remember why you bought the coins you did, and don’t panic sell.

https://hackernoon.com/2-things-to-do-while-the-cryptocurrency-market-falls-2c6cdfbd6809
    [​IMG]
    #1: Ramen is your best friend

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,460
    What makes a good ICO (Initial Coin Offering)?
    This answer was originally posted on Quora. You can view the answer here. For more trending tech answers from Quora, visit HackerNoon.com/quora

[​IMG]
    Brian Schuster

Developer, Solution Architect and Writer in the blockchain industry. Founder at Hivergent

I don’t think there’s a way to know if an ICO is truly ‘good’.
    It’s much easier to spot bad ICO’s that don’t have a chance than the opposite. Some negative traits for me include:

• Teams raising funds that have yet to put significant work into their platforms ...
    https://hackernoon.com/what-makes-a-good-ico-initial-coin-offering-370a2cfad11
    [​IMG]

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,460
    The SEC Kills Crypto Exchanges

[​IMG]

Howard Marks
    CEO at StartEngine and co-founder at Activision/Blizzard. Join us for the StartEngine ICO 2.0 Summit on April 20th. Learn more here: www.startenginesummit.com

It was only a matter a of time, there were clearly signs this was going to happen already out there when the SEC went after defunct “exchange” BitFunder. Today, the SEC made its biggest announcement yet: all the crypto exchanges are illegal unless they register with the SEC, why is this important; it turns out the entire $400B cryptocurrency ecosystem is based on trading altcoins or utility tokens ...

https://hackernoon.com/the-sec-kills-crypto-exchanges-3dc9e3e87651
    [​IMG]

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,460
    It’s Too Late — Nothing Can Stop The Bitcoin Protocol

[​IMG]

Miguel Cuneta
    Co-founder at Satoshi Citadel Industries (www.sci.ph). Building the Blockchain Ecosystem in the Philippines since 2014. Views and opinions are my own

... The simple elegance of the Bitcoin protocol is what makes it work. With these three simple components, plus of course, bitcoins, the only currency accepted in the network, we now have the base protocol for peer-to-peer internet value transfers.

https://decentralize.today/its-too-late-nothing-can-stop-the-bitcoin-protocol-738047bb5201

It’s Too Late — Nothing Can Stop The Bitcoin Protocol

I was in a Blockchain conference in Manila recently, and a bold statement was made by one of my co-panelists during a talk about the…
    decentralize.today

[​IMG]
    Image from Pantera Capital

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,460
    5 More Thoughts On Crypto After Another Five Months Down The Rabbit Hole

[​IMG]

Lou Kerner
    Partner at CryptoOracle.io a VC and Advisory firm. Believer that Crypto is the biggest thing to happen in the history of mankind. Co-Host of BlockFin

... Amid the craziness over the past five months, I wrote another 30 Crypto related posts, as the Crypto landscape, and my framework for understanding Crypto, both evolved. At the end of this post I highlight five important things I’ve learned over the past five months, but I start the post by revisiting the 7 Thoughts to see how they hold up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,460
    What are the entrepreneurial opportunities in cryptocurrency industry?
    This answer was originally posted on Quora. You can view the answer here. For more trending tech answers from Quora, visit HackerNoon.com/quora

[​IMG]
    Brian Schuster

Developer, Solution Architect and Writer in the blockchain industry. Founder at Hivergent

Here’s a few examples of entrepreneurial endeavors I’ve seen people execute with a lot of success:

• Create a project on top of the blockchain to extend it’s functionality. Projects like Variabl.io, NuCypher, Auger and Lightning take the base blockchain properties and extend it’s functionality. This can be done with a token or without a token ....
    https://hackernoon.com/what-are-the...ities-in-cryptocurrency-industry-a33f68546f71
    [​IMG]

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,460
    The Bitcoin Scaling Debate: Context, Proposed Solutions, and the Future

[​IMG]

Phil Glazer
    Investing @ MGV. Previously @KKR_Co & @UCBerkeley | [email protected]

A familiar critique of Bitcoin is that “it does not scale” in the sense that, as it is currently implemented, the network is not capable of supporting a global payments system that requires many thousands of transactions per second. At the moment, this is true; Bitcoin can support up to 7 transactions per second as compared to the 2,000 transactions per second typically processed by Visa (with the potential to scale to an estimated 56,000 per second) ...

https://hackernoon.com/the-bitcoin-...roposed-solutions-and-the-future-579f9373e24b
    [​IMG]
    Source

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,460
    Is the Petro a Threat to Our Democracy?

[​IMG]

Howard Marks
    CEO at StartEngine and co-founder at Activision/Blizzard. Join us for the StartEngine ICO 2.0 Summit on April 20th. Learn more here: www.startenginesummit.com

... The Petro (PTR) is an official cryptocurrency issued by the Venezuelan government and backed by the full faith of their gigantic 300 billion barrel oil reserves. In full compliance with ICO practices, a white paper was published for investors to review. This should be great news for the blockchain economy.

https://hackernoon.com/is-the-petro-a-threat-to-our-democracy-7367f04c7037
    [​IMG]