Black People Politics : Congress Must Impeach Trump On Day One

IFE

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 20, 2015
Congress Must Impeach Trump On Day One
12/24/2016 06:38 am ET | Updated 2 days ago

Congress, the only governing body with the constitutional authority to impeach an American president, should initiate proceedings against Donald Trump as early as Inauguration Day.

UPDATE: Dec. 26, 2:24 p.m. — After this story was initially published, news broke that Donald Trump would divest from his non-profit organization, the Donald J Trump Foundation. However, he did not make clear intentions to divest from his for-profit entities or plans to put those assets in a blind trust.

PREVIOUSLY: On January 20, 2017, Donald J. Trump will become the 45th President of the United States during an inauguration ceremony that will mark the commencement of his first term. Before officially assuming office, Mr. Trump will stand before the American people with one hand over the bible and the other in mid-air to take the presidential oath, or the Oath of Office of President of the United States.

“I do solemnly swear,” Trump will say before his wife, children, and millions of Americans, “that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”
However, on January 20, 2017, when the president-elect recites the time-honored oath, he will be doing so already in violation of its terms, namely his promise to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution. Specifically, Donald Trump’s stated intention to not fully divest from his business holdings means that the moment he becomes president, he will be in violation of Article I, Section 9 of the United States Constitution, or the “Emoluments Clause.”

1. Congress Must Impeach Trump On Day One | The Huffington Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-trump-on-day-one_us_585e3fa2e4b014e7c72edc95 - 443k - Cached - Similar pages
    5 days ago ... Congress Must Impeach Trump On Day One

I know exactly how you feel IFE but I heard he can only be indicted after he actually sits down in the Oval Office & signs a preformatted affirmation that as of such and such date & time he is now accepting the discharge of his duty as the nations Commander in Chief. I'm checking on the validity of what was stated on another forum some time ago but if my memory serves me right that's how it was stated, according to the source even after he is sworn into office he can actually turn around, not even enter the White House, discharge his Secret Service Protection detail & go on about his business like nothing ever happened, I find that somewhat bogus but the source has been very accurate about these things. If I hear back I'll pass it on to you.

I know exactly how you feel IFE but I heard he can only be indicted after he actually sits down in the Oval Office & signs a preformatted affirmation that as of such and such date & time he is now accepting the discharge of his duty as the nations Commander in Chief. I'm checking on the validity of what was stated on another forum some time ago but if my memory serves me right that's how it was stated, according to the source even after he is sworn into office he can actually turn around, not even enter the White House, discharge his Secret Service Protection detail & go on about his business like nothing ever happened, I find that somewhat bogus but the source has been very accurate about these things. If I hear back I'll pass it on to you.

Congress, the only governing body with the constitutional authority to impeach an American president, should initiate proceedings against Donald Trump as early as Inauguration Day.
UPDATE: Dec. 26, 2:24 p.m.

Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...-trump-on-day-one_us_585e3fa2e4b014e7c72edc95 - 443k - Cached - Similar pages
5 days ago ... Congress Must Impeach Trump On Day One

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back