Congo : Congo crisis is world's deadliest: survey

Therious & Militant

Nigeria by itself could bring stability and "relative" peace in both the Sudan and the Congo if they had the desire to do so. I say relative because there probably always be ethnic conflict, it's ingrained in the history of the land.

But too many Black people just don't want to have anything to do with eachother.

It amazes me how totally indifferent some of our people can be to their brother next door.
You talk to some Africans.....they don't even know what's going on in the nation right next to them; and really don't care.

You can talk to an Ethiopian who has no idea of what's going on in Kenya and seem totally unconcerned, he's only concerned about the issue HE'S pushing.

The same with a Senegalese or a Somali....or even a Jamaican or Panamanian.

It's just how we are.

"I don't care what's happening in Chicago, I only know about Phoenix and my little hood or what-not."

"I'm East Coast kid....don't know nothing about that West Coast."

We are only concerned about our own little world, always have been and that's why we're so divided.

So white folks can easily stick a spoon in every pot and keep things stirred up without our knowledge.

They get things going and step back KNOWING few people on either side will actually stop to verify the origins of the conflict.

Dual Karnayn said:
Therious & Militant

Nigeria by itself could bring stability and "relative" peace in both the Sudan and the Congo if they had the desire to do so. I say relative because there probably always be ethnic conflict, it's ingrained in the history of the land.

But too many Black people just don't want to have anything to do with eachother.

It amazes me how totally indifferent some of our people can be to their brother next door.
You talk to some Africans.....they don't even know what's going on in the nation right next to them; and really don't care.

You can talk to an Ethiopian who has no idea of what's going on in Kenya and seem totally unconcerned, he's only concerned about the issue HE'S pushing.

The same with a Senegalese or a Somali....or even a Jamaican or Panamanian.

It's just how we are.

"I don't care what's happening in Chicago, I only know about Phoenix and my little hood or what-not."

"I'm East Coast kid....don't know nothing about that West Coast."

We are only concerned about our own little world, always have been and that's why we're so divided.

So white folks can easily stick a spoon in every pot and keep things stirred up without our knowledge.

They get things going and step back KNOWING few people on either side will actually stop to verify the origins of the conflict.

Very true. We black people are like that. I have been trying to say that all along. Whether its in Africa or in Brazil or in America on in England, we are not concerned about black people from another tribe or another city.

militant said:
Very true. We black people are like that. I have been trying to say that all along. Whether its in Africa or in Brazil or in America on in England, we are not concerned about black people from another tribe or another city.

Ok- brother militant I'm going to have to flip back what you laid out for me earlier in this thread....it's being oversimplified.

Those are broad general statements....I wouldn't say it's true we don't care nothing about eachother - I'd just say we care MORE about what we can see than what we cannot see.

That's why you saw massive outpouring of black support after Katrina-if we didn't care you wouldn't have seen so much giving and volunteering from black folk. I think we just don't get enough understanding of each others issues because we don't have the powerful black media to force feed us the information about what's going on.

Hence, one of the ideas coming out of the new Brothers Chat sessions is to organize "mini-documentaries" that destee.com members produce by capturing and publishing our own footage.....

We are definitely, from what I can see, focused on taking things beyond the idea phase and into the "lets plan and execute to get this done" phase.

Shoot me an email if you want to join us.

kemetkind's email

Brother I invite you join the brothers of Destee on Monday night
for brothers only chat where we will begin to propose solutions to specific problems we can impact and action plans to implement them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Brother, I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say and would love to offer some insight on issues that concern us. Like i said in another post I plan on spending more time at Destee.com. I'm at a point know where I too I'm tiring of just talking about doing something. I think it is about time for us to start putting our heads together and creating concepts and theories to help solve our problems. I think it's time for us to start putting some actions behind our ideas.

youngblackceo said:
Brother I invite you join the brothers of Destee on Monday night
for brothers only chat where we will begin to propose solutions to specific problems we can impact and action plans to implement them.

Thanks Brother, I'm looking forward to hearing what others have to say and would love to offer some insight on issues that concern us. Like i said in another post I plan on spending more time at Destee.com. I'm at a point know where I too I'm tiring of just talking about doing something. I think it is about time for us to start putting our heads together and creating concepts and theories to help solve our problems. I think it's time for us to start putting some actions behind our ideas.[/QUOTE]

Yessir bruh that is MUSIC to our ears. I was very impressed with what came out of our last session. Brothers are feeling just like you - ready to deliver something on top of the talk. Shoot me an email at the link above and we'll patch you in to get rolling this week...or just meet us in Brothers Chat next Monday - 8 est....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back