Congo : 'Congo' Actor Ezra Mabengeza Channels Freedom Fighter Patrice Lumumba

Corvo

navigator of live
May 9, 2003
LaLa land
Occupation
Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
'Congo' Actor Ezra Mabengeza Channels Freedom Fighter Patrice Lumumba

That conversation really impacted me. And the last thing she told me was to remember who I was playing and consider the legacy of this man. As a performer myself, understanding the context of this play, I certainly wanted to make sure that I did that. I didn't want to really play myself. As an African, you know that we are very spiritual. This is a man's family. He comes from a certain tribe, a certain people. And I can't just go in there and think it's me. I said a prayer to his family to thank them for this opportunity and ask for their guidance in terms of portraying their representative, their father, their brother, their cousin. I asked God to help me to be this person with integrity and dignity, and to also maintain the strength and the power and the unshakable confidence that he had in what we could do as a people.

http://www.bvnewswire.com/2010/10/06/congo-actor-ezra-mabengeza-interview-patrice-lu/

Ankhur

Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
'Congo' Actor Ezra Mabengeza Channels Freedom Fighter Patrice Lumumba

That conversation really impacted me. And the last thing she told me was to remember who I was playing and consider the legacy of this man. As a performer myself, understanding the context of this play, I certainly wanted to make sure that I did that. I didn't want to really play myself. As an African, you know that we are very spiritual. This is a man's family. He comes from a certain tribe, a certain people. And I can't just go in there and think it's me. I said a prayer to his family to thank them for this opportunity and ask for their guidance in terms of portraying their representative, their father, their brother, their cousin. I asked God to help me to be this person with integrity and dignity, and to also maintain the strength and the power and the unshakable confidence that he had in what we could do as a people.

http://www.bvnewswire.com/2010/10/06/congo-actor-ezra-mabengeza-interview-patrice-lu/
Hopefully the AU willl earn to channel and manifest his ideology and policies,
as a safeguard against the eminent global collapse, and probable escalation of Coltan and lithium pirating by the EU and US

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Black People : The Congo Dandies: living in poverty and spending a fortune to look like a million dollars Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Congo : Congo’s President Is Preparing for War Against His Own People Republic of the Congo 0
shaka64 Congo : Papa Wemba, Congo music star, dies after stage collapse Republic of the Congo 0
Alarm Clock Libya : Obama/Bush, Tanzania; no Coincidence? Libya type op planned for the Congo? Libya 1
Mad Skillz Congo : Obama Waives Child Soldier Ban in Yemen and Congo Republic of the Congo 7
Destee Congo : Tintin au Congo - Comic Book Ban Attempt Fails in Belgium Republic of the Congo 0
Keita Kenyatta Congo : White King, Red Rubber, Black Death in the Congo (King Leopold II of Belgium) Republic of the Congo 1
jamesfrmphilly Congo : Congo warlord convicted of using child soldiers Republic of the Congo 4
Ankhur Congo : The UN maintains it's War on Democracy in Recent Congo Elections Republic of the Congo 0
Ankhur Congo : What is Realy going on in the Congo???????????? Republic of the Congo 6
MsInterpret Congo : Some 200 women gang-raped near Congo UN base Republic of the Congo 55
Amnat77 Congo : Congo-The Brutal History Republic of the Congo 8
Ankhur Congo : Congo celebrates 50 years of "Independence" while Lumumba rolls over in his grave Republic of the Congo 2
RAPTOR Congo : japanese workers killed mixed race babies in the congo Republic of the Congo 33
Ankhur Congo : Who realy cares about the Congo? Republic of the Congo 32
P Congo : US to send military advisors to Congo to give counseling against rape?? (Yeah right) Republic of the Congo 0
Sekhemu Congo : Why the Congo Matters Republic of the Congo 2
L Congo : Moroccans, Pakistani and Nepalese rape Congo Girls Republic of the Congo 0
Blackbird Congo : My Call to the Congo Republic of the Congo 6
N Rwanda : earthquake in Rwanda and Congo, Let us send prayers Rwanda 0
Destee Congo : Radioactive Material Dumped In Mura River - Congo Republic of the Congo 0
T Congo : Congo Republic of the Congo 2
V Congo : rape,rape and more rape in the congo Republic of the Congo 9
P Congo : No peace for DR Congo Republic of the Congo 0
Mad Skillz Congo : Does amerikkkan interest threaten democracy in the Congo? Yes. Republic of the Congo 0
P Congo : Congo crisis is world's deadliest: survey Republic of the Congo 47
P Congo : Amnesty warns on Congo war threat Republic of the Congo 0
P Congo : Congo: Living with Rwanda's Hutu rebels Republic of the Congo 6
P Congo : Gold rush fuels DR Congo's pain Republic of the Congo 6
K Congo : Join Hewa Bora - Free Congo Campaign! Republic of the Congo 0
K Congo : Photos: The terrible suffering of the people of Congo (former Zaire) Republic of the Congo 39
K Congo : World ignores Republic of Congo's crisis - U.N. Republic of the Congo 1
K Congo : What you need to know about the UN in the Congo Republic of the Congo 18
K Congo : The ongoing crisis in the Democratic Republic of Congo Republic of the Congo 12
P Congo : Massacre in the Congo Republic of the Congo 8
P Congo : UN workers involved in sexual exploitation in the Congo Republic of the Congo 2
A Congo : Democratic Republic of Congo - Rwanda Conflict Republic of the Congo 7
Ndugu Black People : Activist and Actor , Danny Glover breaks down what is Really going on in Venezuela Black People Open Forum 9
Liberty Black Entertainment : New TV show where white actor Joseph Fiennes plays Michael Jackson Black Entertainment 5
LookingForward Black People : Your Favourite Black Actor/Actress. Black People Open Forum 7
Liberty Black Entertainment : Casting of White Actor as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Sparks Sharp Rebuke From Playwright Black Entertainment 4
shaka64 Black People : Reynaldo Rey, ‘Friday’ and ‘White Men Can’t Jump’ Actor, Dies at 75 Black People Open Forum 1
shaka64 Black People : Actor Wendell Pierce Explains How White People Taught Black People Violence! Black People Open Forum 3
shaka64 Black Entertainment : Esteemed Emmy award-winning actor Charles Dutton (ROC, Alien 3) Black Entertainment 0
KPITRL Black Entertainment : Actor James Garner Dies at 86/Coincidence? Black Entertainment 29
Khasm13 Khasm13 : Petition to stop danish actor from playing Egyptian God Ra..... Khasm13 201
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : 'ENTER THE DRAGON ACTOR DIES' Black Entertainment 8
Amnat77 Black Entertainment : Michael Brea, bit-part 'Ugly Betty' actor, says, 'I didn't kill her. ht Black Entertainment 0
Ankhur Black Entertainment : Most profound actor regardless of race for the last decade Black Entertainment 2
D Black Entertainment : BRUCE WILLIS ATTACK: the actor ‘smashed my camera into my face.’ Black Entertainment 3