Black People : 'Congo' Actor Ezra Mabengeza Channels Freedom Fighter Patrice Lumumba

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Corvo, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    'Congo' Actor Ezra Mabengeza Channels Freedom Fighter Patrice Lumumba

That conversation really impacted me. And the last thing she told me was to remember who I was playing and consider the legacy of this man. As a performer myself, understanding the context of this play, I certainly wanted to make sure that I did that. I didn't want to really play myself. As an African, you know that we are very spiritual. This is a man's family. He comes from a certain tribe, a certain people. And I can't just go in there and think it's me. I said a prayer to his family to thank them for this opportunity and ask for their guidance in terms of portraying their representative, their father, their brother, their cousin. I asked God to help me to be this person with integrity and dignity, and to also maintain the strength and the power and the unshakable confidence that he had in what we could do as a people.

http://www.bvnewswire.com/2010/10/06/congo-actor-ezra-mabengeza-interview-patrice-lu/

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    Hopefully the AU willl earn to channel and manifest his ideology and policies,
    as a safeguard against the eminent global collapse, and probable escalation of Coltan and lithium pirating by the EU and US