Haiti : Cong. Maxine Waters, gets debt relief for Haiti Bill passed

Ankhur

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 4, 2009
Brooklyn
Occupation
owner of various real estate concerns
The House of Representatives also passed its Debt Relief for Earthquake Recovery in Haiti Act, authored by Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.). The legislation directs the U.S. to seek the cancellation of Haiti's debts to the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the Inter-American Development Bank and other multilateral development institutions.

“Every time you eliminate their need to pay debt,” Rep. Waters said in a broadcast interview, “that's more money that they have to deal with health and education and infrastructure, so debt relief is very important for them. That just gives them more money to work with.”

“I am pleased that my bill to cancel Haiti's debt held by multilateral development institutions is set to become law,” Rep. Waters said. “Debt relief is essential for Haiti's future. However, we must also keep in mind the immediate needs of survivors who, without adequate shelter, will be further subjected to the elements and to disease during the upcoming rainy season. I applaud the efforts of our government, military, and charitable organizations for the assistance they have provided thus far, and I will be doing everything in my power to continue to work with them to alleviate the suffering and attend to the basic needs of the Haitian people.”

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/World_News_3/article_6837.shtml

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back