Black Relationships : Confused and Sad

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by DestinyLove222, Dec 29, 2004.

1. DestinyLove222

DestinyLove222 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I am having a problem. My ex just came back from the Marines and all these girls are chasing after him, but I believe I am the only one who really loves him. I believe he wants to get back with me but he is scared that I wont be able to deal with him leaving me and he is afraid of a long distance relationship. So what should I do?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    talk to him.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I agree with brother James, the only way you will know for certain is if you talk to him. It is never safe to assume how someone else is feeling. Based on what you described there are several issues that have to be dealt with. One of the biggest is his coming "back" from the Marines. I assume if he was in the military, then he probably spent sometime in Iraq or looking for Bin Laden. If that is true what he probably needs is distance. People who come back from wars are not mentally stable for a while. Indeed some can be confused, paranoid, even violent! Another issue is how much of a distance is between you? The further you two are apart, the harder it will be to maintain a relationship. Lastly if there are several women after him, he will have to decide for himself who he wants to be with. This is a decision a man has to make for himself, no one can do it for him! I am a married man, and when I 1st met my wife....3 other women were interested in me (possible 4)! I had to decide which one of the ladies I wanted, and I eventually choose the woman who would become my wife (even though it was a long distance relationship & the hardest to maintain). DestinyLove if you two are meant to be together, if the timing is right...it will happen. Be patient...but not so patient that you are hanging on to something that is no longer there. Good Luck!