Black People : "Confused about the Ancestors"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by lilpea, Aug 23, 2008.

1. lilpea

lilpea Moderator STAFF

United States
    retired
    Ratings:
    +343
    Hello Family...

Over the years I have been reading your thoughts about our ancestors..and I've notice something that really has me confused. I've notice that to me most of the peeps here for the most part consider our ancestors as gods...kings and queens..or are those just the ancient ones that has this higher ranking. What about the ones that didn't have all that power that u talk about..the ones that didn't lead their people. The ones that tilled the fields or labored as slaves building monuments to their leaders. And what about the ones that didn't even do anything..the ones that aren't in any books or scrolls that, nothing was never written about. Now lets bring this up to a later time lets say..a time when some of kings and queens sold US into slavery. And then there was a time during and after slavery when when some of our people did great things and even as..as early as the civil rights struggle there are people the have passed on.

I Guess my question is WHO decides who is Worthy of being worshiped and who's not. I'll have more question as the responses come in.

I guess i should be asking how is it dicided.

lilpea

2. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    I overstand where u r coming frm. IMHO, all where Kings and Queens 2 me. I wish i could answer ur question more in depth and will have to ponder over this 4 a min. I will say this: As far as our ppl being sold into slavery by each other, u must remember. Slavery 2 our ancestors frm my studies was nothing like what our ppl experienced frm the hands of white ppl. To be a slave then was no more than an indentured servant which was considered a part of ur family. The cruelty experienced by our ancestor at the hands of these pale skinned devils was not the bases of slavery by normal terms. I will answer more of your question at a later date. Peace

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Good question brother. Personally I HONOR every Elder as an Ancestor who has passed and served to Guide me in this Earthly realm. Starting with Kinfolk.

Peace

4. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    First of all, those of our ancestors who were regarded as Gods and Goddesses were those who had attained the highest degree of divinity or were those who were ONE with their divine essence. Since women were born royal and no man was, the great male leaders...aka pharaohs, were only able to ascend the throne though a woman. The lineage of the human race was also kept through the woman and not the man since it was she who gave birth to all life on this planet. Men back then did not go out and work a 9 to 5 and then come back home to the wife and children as men do today. Very often they were out and gone for long periods and had several wives. This is why the lineage was kept through the woman up until the rise of Islam.

As for the idea that any slaves built temples, this is incorrect. The mathematics and divine design was something that a slave would not have knowledge of. Did we have slaves? Yes we did. Who were they? They were white people up until recent historical times. We must however get an understanding of what we call slavery also, for slavery existed all over the known globe...but "chattle slavery did not and is a European creation. As for the common man and woman? There are plenty of carvings and models of the everyday life of our people all stuck in museums that we have not seen revealing the productivity and divine level of their lives.

In terms of who we pay homage to, it's inportant to know that no man, king or queen was ever worshipped. We today pay homage to their lives because they often served and were the best example of us and of our potential as a people. Our societies were divine because our leadership was divine. Today we all know that the leadership is corrupt and just as surely the masses are also following their lead...as such, the masses are corrupt also.
    Hope this be of some help to you lilpea :D

5. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28

The basic premise of YOUR outlook here is flawed. You cannot appreciate the relevance, contributions or Great Influence of OUR Ancestors on existentialism, if YOU reduce YOUR observations to a 'micro-vision' perspective.

YOU need to get a 'regrasp' of the bigger picture. Hissstory or, Ourstory cannot be reduced to the equivalent of a 10 second media sound-bite.

OUR Ancestors poured the foundation of civilization putting the 'civilized' in 'civilization' and exactly as it is even seen today.

(Numbers, language and all...)

Now, that not being 'groundbreaking' enough, how do I know this? Cause krakkkas stole it in the attempt to make it their own. That's reason to Honor OUR Ancestors no.#1.

No.#2. Every since that violent usurping (by the european barbarian,) of the 'Original Order,' each and every Black Man AND Woman that has ever lived since, are victims or casualties of this ongoing war. (If one chooses to employ 'compassion.')

Therein exists the underlying reason to 'Honor' OUR every Ancestor since.

Now, remember that WE are getting the 'bigger picture.' Those even of OUR Afrikan Heritage who genuinely 'sold-out' down through the yrs to european enemy beasts, will I believe receive proper recompense.

However, regarding those (whom for their sheer numbers,) have been found without a 'voice' from birth to grave....how are WE to hold those accountable, or even judge?

If WE are G-Ds to those who see US as G-Ds then how can that be true?

If not, then according to OURStories, show ME a white-man that has disproven hissstory itself.

Cause there's a lot of it.

ROARIN.......

6. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

good post!

thought-provoking questions!
    :toast:

7. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771

As has been stated, We don’t warship our ancestors, we honor them, those who had exemplary life’s. the ordinary people are forgotten. The evil are despised, and forgotten. We honor those who did great good, by remembering them and giving them thanks (offerings), in exchange for there guidens and protection. It’s all that simple.

These types of spiritual believes are based on creating harmony and balance among our people. Those who do are honored, by their families and does that don’t are forgotten. Our ancestors become our guardians and advisors from the spirit world. They help keep us on a path of harmony and balance with our communities and nature.

Our goals are to help maintain harmony and discourage disharmony by others. Create equality and promote fairness.

AXE!

8. CITIZEN

CITIZEN Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +144
    Why are the ancestors revered: since they worked and suffered so much in this life, we know that they were made Kings and Queens in the after life.

There was a time in history were there was no written records. I strongly feel that Africans were extremely dominate and powerful in those times. Even in written history, Africans were mysterious and seen as extremely wealthy. The Romans and Greeks were in awe of Egypt and Africa. They recognized it as something as older and more powerful than they were. They wanted that knowledge and power too. The mystery was even more in later years, when Europeans and Asians would hear stories of cities of gold and libraries from travelers. Greed wouldn't let them leave the continent alone for long.