Black Entertainment : Confronting Old Demons: A Look at "Maangamizi"

I'm drawn into this movie.

So far, I watched only about 30 minutes though. However, I already have opinions about what I've seen so far. I see the dangerous and harmful affects of white missionary movements into the continent of Africa and it is awful, just awful. Even though white people so craftily did not per-se, initiate A FORCEFUL MOVEMENT of their religion but, what they did was gain the help of certain Black Africans of whom, in turn, forced a false 'white Jesus religion' upon other Africans. And this movement of 'forced anti-Christianity' was also very deliberate because it did the work intended, and that was to completely block Black Africans from knowing a major part of 'Black History' regarding what actually happened thousands of years ago even in Africa...

The woman Samehe was victimized by two conflicting ways of life brought upon her from both her father and her mother and she had to go inside of herself to defend her right to choose. That's is what I believe so far, but I'm interested in how the rest of this movie will unfold. So I will hopefully be back!

Ok. I've begun listening to his speech. I don't think I've gotten to the part you're referencing yet because I don't see a lot of direct relevance to the film as of yet, but I will keep listening. I will tell you though, he's speaking a lot of truth, so he's got my attention for sure. Thanks!

@blaklioness listen to this when you get a chance.... listen to the whole thing and pay attention to what Mr Umar says about the pan-African movement -I think it fits with message in the film..

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/therem...xual-war-against-black-girls-bro-umar-johnson

I fully agree. Her father was obviously mentally ill and was, therefore, a prime candidate for extremism. Force, as such, is not always physical; it isn't the physical acts of aggression that have caused the most lasting damage--it's been the mental/'spiritual'/psychological tactics. There is no level of prison that can contain you like your own mind---once the 'wardens' and 'guards' have 'properly' trained you, they no longer have to keep constant watch. At any rate, I look forward to your analysis of it.

I'm drawn into this movie.

So far, I watched only about 30 minutes though. However, I already have opinions about what I've seen so far. I see the dangerous and harmful affects of white missionary movements into the continent of Africa and it is awful, just awful. Even though white people so craftily did not per-se, initiate A FORCEFUL MOVEMENT of their religion but, what they did was gain the help of certain Black Africans of whom, in turn, forced a false 'white Jesus religion' upon other Africans. And this movement of 'forced anti-Christianity' was also very deliberate because it did the work intended, and that was to completely block Black Africans from knowing a major part of 'Black History' regarding what actually happened thousands of years ago even in Africa...

The woman Samehe was victimized by two conflicting ways of life brought upon her from both her father and her mother and she had to go inside of herself to defend her right to choose. That's is what I believe so far, but I'm interested in how the rest of this movie will unfold. So I will hopefully be back!

Ok. I've begun listening to his speech. I don't think I've gotten to the part you're referencing yet because I don't see a lot of direct relevance to the film as of yet, but I will keep listening. I will tell you though, he's speaking a lot of truth, so he's got my attention for sure. Thanks!

An African male called in and was lamenting on the fact he dosen't feel accepted by african Americans..I felt Mr Umar response was profound and also ties in with message in this movie..

he doesn't necessarily reference the movies per se though..

Yeah i like him as-well for he respecting black people enough to state History and our current problems in its proper context- and also comes up a solutions... NO EGO involved and no agendas...:toast:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back