Black Relationships : Confessions Of a Former Self Hating Black Man who Used to Bash Black women on Social Media

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Liberty, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    Confessions Of a Former Self Hating Black Man who Used to Bash Black women on Social Media

[​IMG]

If you’re reading this then the title probably drew you in. I am currently a 20 year old black man who did in fact live the first 19 years of his life as a self-hating, white woman (and other non-black women) obsessed black man who used to bash black women in real life and on social media. I am no longer this way and in the last few months I have undergone a great change. I would like to share my story for two reasons the first is because it rarely done and second is to answer questions like the ones below that I usually see on social media.

Before telling my story let me put a few things out there. My experience is my own but in having discussions with many other black men who have gone through similar experiences and finally woken up, I can say that many parts of my story mirrors theirs and in a way some parts of my story are representative of the stories of many black men who have been through this. Also, this article is in no way an attack on interracial dating or black people who prefer partners of other races. I am simply telling my story. Now that we have all of that out of the way let’s begin.

Read more
    http://myblackmatters.com/confessio...who-used-to-bash-black-women-on-social-media/

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Welcome to Destee Liberty!

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  3. JenaBee63

JenaBee63 going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Health Technician/Future Paralegal
    Ratings:
    +240
    I read his thoughts/article. One of the things he said concerning the hair being pretty. It's stupid as that is I have heard it time and time again. I have even seen black men just looking mesmerized by a toss of a hair by non black women. I've seen it myself! It's amazing to me how something soooo insignificant matters that much. Hair? Really? Thank God it's not the majority but the minority. They will say they love natural yet admire Bey's hair. Turn your back on black women because of HAIR! The same hair on the head of your mothers, their mothers, your sisters, you neices, your cousins, etc. I agree it has be self hatred. That is the only thing that makes sense.

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    What is the purpose of this thread?

One love
    khasm

• Disrespectful Disrespectful x 1
    • List
  5. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242

Aww thanks, Hodee.

You know this board is addictive. Do they have a 12 step program for it? I have been stuck here ever since I registered. And, my employer has some weird kinda vexation about me having fun at work.

*smile*

Happiness is intrinsic, it's an internal thing. When you build it into yourself, no external circumstances can take it away.-Leo Buscaglia

6. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    I am glad that the "brother" came honest, and admitted that at least in his case it was all about self hatred.

And, I used to have a policy. If a brother dated a ww, in his past, or was with a ww, that was a flat out deal breaker But, I slipped up. I didn't even realize he was courting me. Two years into it, I realized we were in love. I only say that to say, some are worthy of redemption. It's been 15 years for us.

Jena, you know, I have dreads down to my butt. Been growing them for 22 years. They'd be past my knees if I didn't cut them every summer. I get a lot of feedback from my brethren and sistren too, in regards to how they feel about hair. Most people aren't on the fence about it. They either love it, or they hate it. I am glad that it separates the wheat from the chaff.

*smile*

7. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    Aquarius, and my name is Liberty
    Now I like a poster who loves open discourse
    And I like a man who can hold his own
    And if you fit that description, baby, get with me

If not...

Scroll, scroll on
    Scroll, scroll on
    Scroll, scroll on
    Scroll on.....

*smile*

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,135

nice pic

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    Ok...with all that said my specific question to u was not answered...are u going to answer it or give me another anecdote?

Btw im an aquarius as well...

One love
    Khasm

10. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,242

Your question WAS answered. Granted you may not have comprehended it.

To make it plainer, the reason I posted this brother's unique accounting of his experience was to open discourse on the topic, from the perspective of a man who had lived it. Capisce?