Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Confession - I'm So Tired of Fighting with My Natural Hair!

Sorry. But I agree w/ others cut it or lock it.
Head wraps look nice w/ big/long earrings.
How long is your hair?

I don't want locks, because i don't want a style i'm locked into ... like a perm.

Plus ... i absolutely NEED to feel a comb and/or brush across my scalp regularly.

From what i understand of locks, they have to be cut out, in order to change ... kinda like a perm?

I don't wanna cut my hair again, i was hoping my one big chop (going natural) would last a lifetime.

I can throw a scarf on it, and do often, but that's usually when i have no other options.

I'm not sure how long my hair is right now, i'll find a tape measurer and let you know.

I'm not an "accessories" kind of gurl either ... though one day i may be.

I have one pair of earrings i wear ... they were my Mother's ... studs ... and can't usually be seen (because of my hair), when i do wear them.

Maybe i just need an entire makeover ... fashion tips ... alla that ... :cry: ... :)

Love You and Thanks!

:heart:

Destee

Queen...I love a Hebrew(Black) women to wear her (Spiral Hair)...it is your antenna transmitter and receiving
information is the key to your natural...to have your (Spiral Hair) plays a role with the most-high...many yrs ago I told you look so good with your natural...I have had my locks for 23yrs.and I will not cut my hair for no one...I love you...may the most-high be with you always.
O by the way rock you some locks...you can have many style to wear your Spiral Hair.

Peace and Blessings Brother,

Thank You for the encouragement! I mentioned locks above, and am under the impression that they are "permanent" ... only being undone, when cut out ... is that true?

23 years! Wow! Impressive!

It's probably easier for a Brother to maintain the same hairstyle, than it is for Sisters.

I don't know ... but on the surface, it seems that way.

I want to remain natural ... not permanently kill my spiral ... but i may have to flatten it ... :eeek:

Oh Gosh.

Love You and Thanks!

Destee

Thanks Sister Bootzey ... yes, i've done the 2-strand twist, and actually prefer braiding it over the twist. The twist is a cute style, as are the braids, and the twist out / braid outs ... but just to do that ... is a lot of work ... and it's been years now of doing that ... i just want something more ... something different ... i'm kinda bored with it ... but there's just not much more i know to do ... that i can actually do myself ... i'm really thinking about getting it flat ironed / pressed / something ... *sigh* ... :)

But yes ... i agree ... 2 strand twists / braids / and outs ... are all cute.

Love You and Thanks!

Destee
Be mindful that you can lose your curl pattern with the application of too much heat

Be mindful that you can lose your curl pattern with the application of too much heat

Oh Gosh Sister ... i wondered this!

If i do end up pressing, i'll let the beautician know, low heat ... just a blow out would be nice!

Most anything at this point ... thanks for the headsup!

Love You!

Destee

Wow Sister ... Thank You! :)

It's so good just knowing i'm not alone ... lol @ misery loves company ... :love:

I feel everything you said above! I'm with you, if i try to do something, it takes all day, and i aint got no money to really be spending on it ... but i'm gonna check out the options and see ... i've never really looked into getting someone else to do it, so i have no idea what the cost would be. I remember back when i was getting permed, i paid about $50.00 bucks every 6 weeks ... it would be kewl if i could get away with that now, but i doubt it ... i got a feeling it's going to cost more, and require more than a once every six week session. I'll share what i find. I'm kinda thinking of just getting someone to wash, condition, detangle, dry, and flat iron. I really want a different style, but i don't want to go back to a perm. No, i don't really want that ... you know i don't ... none of us do ... and i appreciate your encouraging me, while encouraging you ... :love:

Sister Chevron ... did you post the picture of the Sister (Vanessa?), that you mentioned above? If so, please share a link with me, i'd love to see some Sisters having to work every day, or be out every day, with cute / easy natural styles. I've never did the knots, but again, i don't wanna do anything! I'm so tired of it. Most every style for me = major chore = all day event ... so yes, please share her picture! :)

Thanks Again ... Love You!

Destee

Sister Destee,

her name is Valonda Calloway and here is some pics of her before her new hairdo and how she wears it now. I can't tell if it's crimped or twissels or what, but it looks good on her. I have alot of hair since i've been natural for some years now, but I think I could get my hair done like that and if someone were to do it and knew how to do it. In one pic, it's parted and layed to the side because it seems longer in the front. I believe that someone professional does her hair since she is a newswoman in front of the cameras everyday. A few years ago, her hair was shorter but it grew longer, anyway here's some pics of her and a video too, because you can see her hairdo better:

Before;

1236620180-calloway2-220x165.jpg

valonda-400x300.jpg

and Now;

twit_normal.jpg

tn-1000_sharonandvalonda.jpg

the video which I can't embed;

http://www.mycarolinatoday.com/2011/10/wrightsville-beach-rolls-out-the-red-carpet/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back