Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Confession - I'm So Tired of Fighting with My Natural Hair!

Thanks Sister ... it's nice to know i'm not alone! Whew! I thot i was the only one! ... :cry:

It's braided most of the time, else i'd have to do something with it every day! I do the scarf thing too on occasion, but that aint sexy ... lol

What's a sew in? Is that adding more hair to mine? I don't need more. Please share more about a sew in, how expensive are they?

I really appreciate the encouragement. I aint hardly finna give up on it, it would be like giving up on my own self, since it's me ... right ... :)

I kinda think of my hair as having characteristics of us as a people, Black Men and Women, 'cause we shole can be difficult sum times ... :lol:

It's kinda how we are, not just difficult, but stubborn, strong, invincible, all of that! Gotta almost kill us (perm us) to get us to behave!

It's like a real live energy living in my hair, that refuses to be tamed ... :lol:

Oh Gosh ... i really can't help but love it ... but whew Lawd ... as i've often said ... we aint an easy people, and this hair of mine aint easy either!

Like you, i can't afford to spend too much on it, but i'm thinking an occasional visit to a salon for the braiding part or something, may help.

Over these past 5 years, i've saved lots of money ... so maybe it's time to spend some money on it ... to give myself a break.

Though part of the joy of being natural has been the saving money part ... but obviously ... everything costs something, even if it aint money ... i'm still paying!

I do love my natural hair, and would be very disappointed to get a perm ... but sometimes ... i be look'n cross the fence, where the grass looks greener.

But i been over there already, spent most of my life over there, and it wasn't all that green ... okay ... i think i am just venting ... :)

Thanks for the encouragement Sister! Love You!

:heart:

Destee
A sew in is when your hair is braided underneath, and hair is sewn into it. You can't see the scalp or where it ends or begins. Sew-ins vary in cost You can get a good sew in for 250 where I'm at, but you gotta buy the hair which is like 20-50 dollars for some good hair. I think last time I used 3 or 4 packs. You can get curly or straight, all kinds of colors. It is pretty expensive, but if you buy good hair and take care of it, it can last 3-5 months. I love a good sew in, it gives me a break when I feel like shaving all this hair off. Last time I let my mom practice on me, we turned on the youtube and she did her thing, it actually turned out alright, I kept it for a month, then I had to take it out because I had a job interview and it was fire engine red at the bottom, lol!

Maybe i need to pay someone else to do it. I've never done that since going natural.

When i was permed, i spent money on my hair, getting the perm and stuff.

Maybe i just need help with it ... iono.

:heart:

Destee
Perhaps, assistance with that crown of glory is advisable,lol...That is a whole lot of hair for one person to attend to, I reckon.
Love & Blessings,
DREA

Perhaps, assistance with that crown of glory is advisable,lol...That is a whole lot of hair for one person to attend to, I reckon.
Love & Blessings,
DREA

Sis Drea, I think that whats gonna have to happen with mine. I feel like God gave us this hair, because there is a lot that we can do with it (if we can afford it)...we can wear it so many beautiful ways that other races can't. But having to fool with it, wow and mine
is about half of Destee's volume. It will make a grown woman cry.:lol:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back