Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Confession - I'm So Tired of Fighting with My Natural Hair!

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I am sooooo tired of fighting with my natural hair!

It is an absolute fight! It's so long and thick and nappy and unruly and a chore for me!

I have always been way lazy about my hair, doing as little as possible to keep it looking some kinda way decent ... and Lawd Lawd Lawd ... with it being natural, it takes so much more work! It's almost a full time job!

It has a mind of its own! It does what it wants! It acts like it's running thangz ... i mean ... really ... how you gonna run the whole show hair!?!

I have thought of perms many a day here lately!

I've been natural for 5 years (at least), so it aint like i aint tried.

I've not put any heat in my hair all of these years ... not even a blow dryer!

I do want to know what God intended, when giving us this hair. I believe with my whole heart there is a blessing in it, but i aint found it yet!

I'm not saying i'm giving up ... but i'm tired ... my hair has me on the ropes ... :lol:

Okay ... i'm done venting ... thank you ... :love:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

I am sooooo tired of fighting with my natural hair!

It is an absolute fight! It's so long and thick and nappy and unruly and a chore for me!

I have always been way lazy about my hair, doing as little as possible to keep it looking some kinda way decent ... and Lawd Lawd Lawd ... with it being natural, it takes so much more work! It's almost a full time job!

It has a mind of its own! It does what it wants! It acts like it's running thangz ... i mean ... really ... how you gonna run the whole show hair!?!

I have thought of perms many a day here lately!

I've been natural for 5 years (at least), so it aint like i aint tried.

I've not put any heat in my hair all of these years ... not even a blow dryer!

I do want to know what God intended, when giving us this hair. I believe with my whole heart there is a blessing in it, but i aint found it yet!

I'm not saying i'm giving up ... but i'm tired ... my hair has me on the ropes ... :lol:

Okay ... i'm done venting ... thank you ... :love:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee
You ain't the only one, I have been natural for 4 years now, I been doing the scarf thing lately. I was even considering shaving it all off for a minute, then I realized that I just don't have the face for that. Maybe you should do braids or a sew in for a while, just to give you a break, I have been thinking about that for a minute, but I just don't have the money for it. Don't give up, this too shall pass. Sometimes we just get tired of dealing with it, but it's beautiful, and that we can not deny. Take a deep breath and remember how you feel when you wear your hair in a twist out or that big fro.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back