Black People : Confederate War Memorial

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by roarin1, May 26, 2009.

1. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    (I know I don't post that often anymore but try and bear with ME cause come to think of it, unless I had something specific to say, I never did anyway. But this is important or, oughta be.)

Obama sent a wreath to the confederate war memorial. Should this action be seen as a 'deal-breaker' toward all his Black Political support?

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    no,because politics is a strange game and i suspect that it was involved in his actions.

3. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    Sounds more 'musical'

than say a game of basketball or, bowling to ME.

Seems more like he's 'whistling dixie'.

4. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    Some people are still in denial, rationalizing Obama's numerous, egregious betrayals and remaining silent on positions they once condemned when Bush was thuggin in the whitehouse. Even if they don't admit it, they have functionally become neocons themselves by supporting Obama unconditionally. What will people say once Obama eventually supports AFRICOM? Don't say I didn't warn ya.

Now back on topic; the Confederacy wanted to keep our ancestors in bondage. The Confederacy did NOT want to remain in the Union. The Confederacy was NOT part of the United States for four years because they SUCCEEDED from the Union. So I ask, why should Obama honor a bunch of racist and slave holders who essential were citizens of a foreign country and in all likelihood would have kept Obama in slavery (house slave at the least)? Oh let me guess, we must rationalize Obama's actions because politics is a dirty game, right?

The only appropriate location for the Confederate flag and War Memorial is the museum.

5. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    ^^^

Excellent observations.

Problem is however, obama already does support africom, he has no choice, africom is an amerikkkan supported initiative.

(one of bush's hallmarks.)

To add anything to YOUR above observations I would only say that in reality, the only sensible spot for the confederate flag after having been burnt-up, is in the nearest land-fill.

The lines of sanity in this society have been so blurred, one can only expect that obama (and any whom hold that office,) will be supported no matter what twisted decisions they may make.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Obama is not a descendant of enslaved Africans in America, and perhaps, has no particular allegiance to us.

I don't know, i've never been president, and even if he were a descendant, maybe he couldn't demonstrate any kind of allegiance to us.

I don't know ... i don't really know how that game (politics) is played ... never tried playing it.

:heart:

Destee

7. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    ^^^

Agreed.

Still however, it seems to ME, that when you have people's lives and entire lineage's in your hands....no one would be inclined to play games at all.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother Roarin ... that's true, i agree that games are not what are needed now ... but the reality of the situation (to me), is that's all it is. Based on discussions held here about politics, how they work, etc., it's all game ... smoke and mirrors.

The very system that enslaved our people, is what we're hoping for something positive from?

That's game too, to me ... a very dangerous one, that serves only to confuse us even more.

But i've said before, i have no great confidence in any of the political system. Perhaps Obama, or some other Sister or Brother, can get in there, work within it, and make it do the right thing across the board ... but until then ... i'm not expecting too much out of it.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

9. roarin1

roarin1 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +28
    ^^^

Love YOU BACK Destee.

Still there is no greater concern than OUR Children and OUR Grandchildren as, I'M sure YOU'LL agree.

It's dangerous to leave (even for an instant,) Their futures to political 'ping-pong' or, wishy-washy fantasies.

And although it is heart-wrenching for ME to have to consider, I can't help but agree with YOU that basically this is all WE'VE got.

This is why I'M so passionate about teaching OUR People and 'alternate' mind-set, and that it is not alien to reality in the least.

10. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    confederate war memorial...

yes and i repeat-POLITICS IS A DIRTY GAME,do ya'll know what being president of this country means?it means upholding the constitution and tell me who wrote it...slaveholders who would be turning over in h--l at the very thought of a blackman in thier seat of power,obama knows very well the tightrope he has to walk wheither we like it or not doesn't matter...oh and by the way that constitution that i mentioned wasn't written with us in mind..oh and destee isn't obama's father from kenya,and the last time i checked kenya was still in africa.