Black Relationships : Condoms are only effective in preventing certain STDs

panafrica said:
There are some pretty common and nasty STDs like Herpes & Genital Warts, as well as minor ones like Craps & Scabies that condoms are not effective in preventing. How do people protect themselves in a generation where the only power than have to prevent certain infections is the choice they make in sexual partners?

It would be optimal to get tested for diseases before you have sex and try to find someone that will be monogamus.

panafrica said:
I find it disturbing that this thread has only gotten one response. I am in a monogamous, married relationship, so I'm not worried about STDs. However I know this is not the case for the majority of people on the website...no one cares about this reality? Is ignorance truly bliss?

I know how you feel brotha Pan, I've started threads with serious topics and have gotten little response.

But anyway, Here's my 2 cents, STD's are spreading like wild fire among adolescents and teenagers, and it sometimes it seems like the message is not getting thru to our youth.

I'm doing my to let our youth know the dangers out there, but parents need to step up a little more.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back