Black People : Condoleezza Rice - Racism is a U.S. Birth Defect

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Qwamii, May 22, 2008.

1. Qwamii

Qwamii Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
  2. Edward Williams

Edward Williams Well-Known Member MEMBER

Produce Justice
    Ratings:
    +58
  3. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21

Which parts do you agree with?

"Black Americans were a founding population," she said. "Africans and Europeans came here and founded this country together — Europeans by choice and Africans in chains. That's not a very pretty reality of our founding."

As a result, Miss Rice told editors and reporters at The Washington Times, "descendants of slaves did not get much of a head start, and I think you continue to see some of the effects of that."

"That particular birth defect makes it hard for us to confront it, hard for us to talk about it, and hard for us to realize that it has continuing relevance for who we are today," she said.
    http://washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080328/FOREIGN/746301768/1001

4. Qwamii

Qwamii Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16

All of the parts that you highlighted were very valid points made by C. Rice that I will agree with. To deny that would be dismissing Ourstory.

The part of the audio that I could not agree with was her comments on G.W. Bush and the "No Child Left Behind" action.

"Miss Rice also said that what "attracted" her to candidate George W. Bush during the 2000 presidential campaign was not foreign policy, but his "no child left behind" initiative, which she said gave equal opportunities to black and white students."

This I will peacefully disagree with.

Peace and Blessings
    ~Qwamii~

5. Prizmm

Prizmm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Becoming Universal
    Ratings:
    +22
    Condoleeza has been awol in the 'struggle' against racism. She rode in on a white horse to reap the benefits of the struggle of others.
    Her capacity to speak about the issues is neutered. Her father, was the example used by the 'bull conners' of that day as what a good 'negro' exemplified.
    If you are a black man or woman who manuevered in the shadows for personal benefit, coming into the light with status and the blessings of the likes of g. bush, (I won't honor him with the word 'retarded' as I have honorable people in my family who happen to be developmentally challenged);
    if that association is seen by the black masses as evidence that we have rid ourselves of hatred race hatred (white supremacist racism) directed at us, then I am lost and confused! I am stuck on racism, cause racism is stuck on me!
    Condi had a chance, my and "her" people suffered for days in the aftermath of Katrina, and what did she do? she apologized for the (he didn't mean it) delay. Miss Sambo is my age, we share the same highlights and lowlights, and I do not see the genius with which she is blessed? I have noticed that neocons like scalia and alito are supportive of their 'family', condi and clarence despise theirs! ...but then enough about me!

T.S.C.

Peace

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sambo condi rice

2. has condoleezza rice spoken out against racism