Black Women : Condoleeza vs. Hilary for President, 2008

Discussion in 'Black Women - Mothers - Sisters - Daughters' started by NNQueen, Apr 16, 2003.

1. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Let's assume that it's only a matter of time before a woman is elected president of the U.S. Some say it's not beyond the realm of possibilities in the very near future. Imagine a woman sitting at the helm, holding the highest political position in this country. I know there are some naysayers out there, who refuse to believe that a woman will ever achieve this role, but let's play around with the idea for a moment.

It's 2008 elections. Hilary Rodham Clinton has won the Democratic nomination. Her opponent on the Republican ticket is none other than our present day National Security Advisor for G.W., Condoleeza Rice.

Knowing what you know about them already, for those that exercise their right to vote, which would you vote for and why? If you wouldn't vote for either one, why not?

If you are one that believes that a woman will never hold our highest political office, share with us why you think that is.

2. monetg

monetg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Hmmmmmmmm,

If those were my only 2 choices, I'd have to go with my home-state senator-Senator Clinton. Ms. Rice through her current appointment is affiliated with an administration that I simply loathe. I'd fear that she'd be nothing more than a puppet of the Bush regime.

3. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity Well-Known Member MEMBER

System Administrator
    Ratings:
    +11
    Condoleeza Rice would get my vote. I just think she would be a better president than HRC.

4. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hey there Jacuma! Man, you paint a fairly gruesome picture there. No, as far as party politics go, nothing much would change in spite of the fact that a woman was in charge. As far as foreign policy is concerned, I would think that if Conda had her finger on the war button, we would get more of what we have right now--involved in wars. As far as domestic policy, Hilary would be the best bet. But then this might all be a moot point because if George W. has his way in the Middle East, we'll be engaged in WWIII but this time, it will be fought on American soil as well. IMHO

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    simple we're not ready for this .........but i would cast a vote
    to HRC..........

6. NNQueen

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    There are people who take Rice seriously! Her running for president of the US one day is not a far-fetched notion if you think it is.

http://www.rice2008.com/

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    thanks for the link NNQueen
    dis help me see more into this point
    if this was to be i feel and think hilary would be best choice