Black People : Condoleeza Rice In the Sudan

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Sekhemu, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Us Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice is demanding an immediate apology from the Sudanese government after authorities manhandled staff members and journalist traveling with her.

No one was injured in the incident.

Aboard her plane, which was heading to a Darfur refugee camp khartoum, Rice told journalist the Sudanese had no right to manhandle them or members of her staff and said it made her "very angry" that she was sitting with Sudanese President Omar el-Bashir while the incident took place.

"They have no righg to push and shove" Rice said.

She has instructed the top U.S. diplomat in Sudan to get and immediate apology from the Sudanese government.

Afterward, Sudanese officials came and apologized to the media. But when a journalist in the second group attempted to ask a question, she was pulled away and authorities intended to kick her out.

CNN's Andrea Koppel said journalists and Rice's staff members were "pushed and pulled" in attempts to keem them out of the metting.

One of Rices's aides eventually said, "We have a free press in the U.S.," and a Sudanese official responded, "Well, we don't here," Koppel reported.

Rice is visisting Sudan hoping to shore up the country's new government following more than two decades of civil warfare between the Islamic north and the animist south.

New Sudanese leaders were sworn in this month. Rice planned to urge the country's new unity government to consolidate peace in the country.

After the meeting, Rice was headed to Darfur, where she was to visit a refugee camp. She plans to travel to the Middle East.

Can you believe these Clowns? Is there any question as to how barbaric, and sexist people are who have been Raping, pillaging and murdering black people in the southern sudan.

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62

Sek, very, very interesting news, Brother!

I only wished they'd of shoved her... Perhaps, that would've set off some serious American backlash against these jerks... But, of course, she is a Black Woman, so it probably would've been shoved under the rug by her "friends" in Washington...

But the disrespect these people have for African people and women was made obvious... If Bush had been present, them knuckleheads wouldn't have been shoving nobody... We know this, don't we?(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah

3. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

No doubt, if they had put they're hands on her, it would have been on then.

I hope this fiasco sheds more light and puts some fire under the a$$es of the idiots.

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Unfortunately, Brother, that is wishful(wistful)thinking on our parts... Ultimately, the business of America is BUSINESS, and that's why she's over there in the first place... Everything else is a guise to disguise their real INTERESTS over there...

She might think - and we might think - it's personal, but Bush and company don't give two cents what happens to any one individual as long as a deal can be struck between these governments... Every African in the Sudan(Land of the Blacks)could lose their life, and who ever is left be enslaved, as long as their is an exchange of real currency between these two devils, Arab and White American... Feelin' me, brother???

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Sekhemu:

You beat me to it! I was just about to start a thread on this, because it was the very first thing that I seen when I logged on to check my mail.

It would be very interesting to know why this went down, and I am not leaning toward to U.S. Media to inform me as of why this went down. All they will probably talk about is the Sudanese guards pushing and shoving. I will not be surprised to hear that the U.S. officials shoved back.

CD

6. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Yes I feel ya my brotha.

you're 100% correct

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    Brother Sekhemu

Question:

"Can you believe these Clowns"?

In light of recent discussion, YES, I can.

Whats amazing is how someone can DENY that this situation, while attempting to blame others for the very same problem. How can blame be assigned to anyone if the situation doesnt exist?

Furthermore, if the situation doesnt exist why would the African Union be sending "peacekeeping" forces into Darfur?

Another example of Confusion.

8. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    I hate repating myself over and over again. But, nothing has caused me to loose confidence in the Bush Gang, including Papa Bush and Baby Bush, than this little episode in Sudan.

Let me see if I got this right. The Bush Gang's leading diplomat goes to Africa, Sudan specifically. When she gets there, she arrogantly expect the Africans to accomodate American values. In other words, they act as if they expect Africans to act like Americans in Africa. Did I get it right?

It seems to me that it should be the other way around. The USA government has access to experts who can brief the likes of Rice before they visit a country. This way when they get there they will know how to behave to avoid offending the local customs and values.

This reminds me of when Papa Bush went to Japan. He was so ignorant of Japanese culture that he could not apprciate the smell of the finest of Japanese cuisine. He puked all over the Japanese Prime Minister's diner table. This just proves how incompetent and arrogant the whole gang really is. No wonder we are tied down in wars all over the whole. Papa Bush started more wars than any other president. Baby Bush got himself bogged down in the first two wars, Afganistan and Irag (not to mention Palestine and Lebanon). But, he is stuck there and does not seem to have enough sense to get out.

Now, Rice. As an African, I want to go on record as being deeply humilaited, offended and emabarassed by Rice's behavior. She does not represent me. She must learn to respect African culture and values. When she deals with Muslims, she msut show proper respect for Islam. This is what we the people must demand from all of the diplomats who represent this country. They represent us to the rest of the world. When they visit foreign countries, they must not act ignortantly of the locally reality. Show respect and get repsect. Maybe we would have fewer conflicts around the world if we had intelliegent diplomats. I cannot wait until the Bush is kicked out of offfice once and for all. We need peace in the world; not more and more conflict.