destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
CONDI RICE COMPARES IRAQ WAR TO CIVIL WAR:

Sec of State says U.S. invasion is like North battling South to end slavery.

September 7, 2006)

*Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice tells Essence magazine that the current war in Iraq is comparable to the American Civil War, and slavery may have lasted longer in the country if the North had never opted to take up arms against the South.

"I'm sure there are people who thought it was a mistake to fight the Civil War to its end and to insist that the emancipation of slaves would hold," Rice said in the new issue of Essence. "I know there were people who said, 'Why don't we get out of this now, take a peace with the South, but leave the South with slaves?'"

Elsewhere in the article, Rice addressed criticism leveled against the Bush administration for its slow response to victims of Hurricane Katrina.

"I resented the notion that the President of the United States, this President of the United States, would somehow decide to let people suffer because they were black," Rice told the magazine. "I found that to be the most corrosive and outrageous claim that anybody could have made, and it was wholly and totally irresponsible."

Asked if she felt personally accountable, Rice said: "The government did its best. People aren't perfect, and this response was not perfect. You know, I do foreign policy, I don't run Homeland Security. I don't run FEMA. I do foreign policy." She added, "I did what I could to coordinate the international response."

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur28468.cfm

:heart:

Destee

The willie lynch symdrome in it's most insidious form...

omowalejabali said:
The willie lynch symdrome in it's most insidious form...

Yes Sir... Brotha Omo - and I would further go on to mention that you could add a little Uncle Tom / "mammi" / House Negro Syndrome in with that.

Another SAD Day in Black America's History....smh

KD

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back