Support : Computer Problems? Ask a question

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I heard if you don't know what you're doing don't do it on your main machine.

OC just can't be done on any machine. Your processor has to be unlocked first. If it's locked, you can't unlock it. game over. Then you can't have a stock cooling fan either, you need a fan with a heat sink that will do the job. you may have to leave to door off which is no big deal. except your other fans won't be that efficient.

Peace!

MS234

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 1, 2010
OC just can't be done on any machine. Your processor has to be unlocked first. If it's locked, you can't unlock it. game over. Then you can't have a stock cooling fan either, you need a fan with a heat sink that will do the job. you may have to leave to door off which is no big deal. except your other fans won't be that efficient.

Peace!

Yea I heard and know that heat can get crazy.

ceebee

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 23, 2015
One trick for trouble shooting is to use an external bootable system over USB - such as using the software 'YUMI' and installing
a distribution like 'UBCD' (Ultimate Boot CD) or HiRen's Boot Disc - both very excellent free software bundles with overwhelming functionality.

These can be installed onto CD's or USB Drives (pref) or even installed by your phone's (android) USB drive with a free software named Drive Droid.

Currently I'm enjoying a trial of Hootsuite, and writing some perl code for a kinda interesting data mining interface I'm working on..

Also playing around with Maltego and Rapid Miner - 3 linux boxes are my dev machines, one on amazon, one a headless virtual machine on my laptop, one a netbook server running debian - been using it since package managers were 'the new thing'...
Hope to work on a Raspberry PI distributed sensor network ....

I do a little gaming, some GTA V PC online if anyone wants to brawl, but I several months clean of a wow relapse .. lol ...

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

cherryblossom wrote on watzinaname's profile.
Dropping by to say, "Hi!" ,sister Watz. Hope all is well.
cherryblossom wrote on WARRIOR's profile.
Hey, Warrior! Right On!