Black Short Stories : Complete Drama

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by handsom_oracle, Jul 6, 2003.

1. handsom_oracle

handsom_oracle New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Oooh ****! Another Monday morning, another week of bullshyt from these people. I roll out of bed and stand before my bedroom window gazing at the early morning New York skyline. Its Monday and i'm due downtown for another audition. Its been six years since I've performed in a large scale movie. And after the last one it's only been a series of small, low-budget plays and productions. When will this end. I turn and look at myself in the mirror I am 5'11 with milk chocolate skin and dark redish hair, dark eyes and long lashes. I am fairly attractive and often wonder why people say that I look like Angela Bassett; I don't see the resemblance.Oh well it's time to take a shower and get on with the get on. The warm water cascade down my body easing away the pre-day tensions.
    Lord, how does a person experience tension at the start of the day? Oh well I'll assume I can just chalk it up to life. I'm toweling off while staring at my body. to say that I'm approaching thirty-five I look GOOD honey! I'm still cut and oh so curvaeous in all the right places. I have mamma's hips and Aunt dee dee's breast; I am well balanced. Smiling to myself I'm thankful that in this business I have the advantage of being able to 'lie' about my age, saying that I am ten years younger than I really am. Its important in the movie/theatre industry to have an image to die for; I mean I often take my lead from the greats from Dorthy Dandridge to Joan Crawford, Cicely Tyson to Bette Davis. I have my mystique. There I go again rambling on in my mind. I'm dressed in this cute black Chanel skirt and coat number with my black semi-stilleto's I like to call my number 23's(I call them that because I can count 23 times some bastard of a director has asked to sleep with me just for me to get a part, and I had those shoes on.). I'm ready baby...****! who am I fooling? This may just be like every other day. I look at the clock which now reads, Lord! its going on 10:00am, I need to put a move on.

Sitting in the backseat of the posh sedan I'm thinking how long will this relationship last between me and Roderick. For those of you who don't know, Roderick D. Thompson is the 6'1, dark chocolate, green eyed(although I sometimes suspect contacts), extremely built man of my dreams(or rather my lusts); owner of the Pisces Dramatic Foundation, a black owned theatre troup for African Americans( it should be all the minorities if you could see all the people there) in conjunction with Julliard. About three years ago when I was down on my luck I was introduced to him and before the night was over there I was in his penthouse getting banged(is that a word?) properly and then recieving breakfast in bed the next morning with the promise of having a lead role in his acting troupe. Skip to now and I still have yet to be in a lead role in one of his productions, let alone even be in the troupe. This man thinks I'm his **** fool! I've been sharing his bed on the regular for the last three years and I still don't have a steady job or anything else to show for all of the promises he's made. Oh ****! Its been way past time to 'clean house!' This ***** has to go. I sigh wondering how my life could be so utterly full of **** as I settle more comfortably into the plush upolstery of the sedan. I sure will miss this and the condo, but I have goals and **** needs to get done and I sure as hell can't continue ****ing him for what? The sedan glides up to the

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    welcome welcome welcome

welcome to destee.com house of love
    welcome wit ya story of earthy
    welcome from above i bless ya wit love
    nice short story on EARTHY.....happy u shared a little
    do look around and feel right at home coz u are at home here
    welcome:) :wave: :wave: :wave:

3. emprezz

emprezz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Muuuaaah! Welcome Handsome. Do enjoy your stay here. The blak fam keeps it flowin!

Peace