HODEE

Jul 2, 2003
( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
Occupation
(RF) Technician
upload_2016-11-22_1-58-30.png

Photo added from Pinterest.. by HODEE
=======​
The Psychologist work lead to further research (about love) and a better understanding of love. I enjoyed reading this and find the findings to be interesting. This article has increased my understanding of love. I'm ready to capture me some :couple:love...
========​

Psychologist Elaine Hatfield has described two different types of love compassionate love and passionate love. Compassionate love involves feelings of mutual respect, trust, and affection while passionate love involves intense feelings and sexual attraction.

Hatfield defined passionate love as:

"A state of intense longing for union with another. Passionate love is a complex functional whole including appraisals or appreciations, subjective feelings, expressions, patterned physiological processes, action tendencies, and instrumental behaviors. Reciprocated love (union with the other) is associated with fulfillment and ecstasy. Unrequited love (separation) with emptiness, anxiety, or despair".

Factors Influencing Passionate and Compassionate Love
Some of the factors associated with passionate love include:
  • Timing: Being "ready" to be in love with another person is essential.​
  • (Gradually) Securely attached individuals tend to form deeper, longer lasting love while those who are (Eagerly) (Impatiently) anxiously attached tend to fall in and out of love quickly.
  • Similarity: Hatfield and Rapson note that we tend to fall passionately in love with people who are relatively good looking, personable, affectionate and similar to ourselves.​
While passionate love is intense, it is generally very fleeting. Researchers have looked at how relationships progress among new couples, newlyweds and those married for a longer time and found that while passionate love is more intense at the beginning of relationships, it tends to give way to compassionate love that is focused on intimacy and commitment.

Passionate love may be quick to fade, but compassionate love endures.
=============​

Despite the debate, the work created by Hatfield and her colleagues contributed tremendously to our understanding of love and inspired further research on attraction, attachment, and interpersonal relationships.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

sekou kasimu wrote on willa's profile.
What exactly is your ideology?!
I'll be honest. I like black culture forums, so I've signed up for this one, BX, and Lipstick Alley. I won't post too often, only on things that I'm really interested in. Nice to meet you. :)
Ms Drea wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sister,
Miss you so much I hope all is well with you and yours!!
Love and Blessings!! :heart: :heart:
You can skip rocks across water but if you're not building yourself up rock solid, you'll drown under pressure.
11-5-19✍
Fireman wrote on Queenie's profile.
Hi, Queenie. Love your posts. Even though I don't you, you must be some kind of remarkable and lovely person. Lets keep in touch.