Black Money Business Jobs : Community-based Credit System

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by karmashines, Dec 10, 2005.

1. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Feb 26, 2005
    One time I read a book talking about how the Japanese started a community-based credit system as a means to become more reliant on themselves when starting businesses.

As I read this tidbit I thought, "Wow... I wonder if the black community has implemented this in earler days... and how we could do that now."

So the question is, what do you think about this?

If you think it's a good idea, explain how we can implement this for ourselves considering our situation (which is different from 1800s Japanese immigrants). Should the focus be more on us as individuals finding ways to get BIG MONEY and creating banks, or working on an individual level trying to find a way to use funds from the community to create something? Individually many people are struggling financially, but as a group we hold a lot of economic power... I mean $5 from 5 million people is $5 million. Is there a way to link with black-owned banks already out there (I think some of them were talked about here), to help jumpstart such things?

If you think it's a bad idea, explain why.

In the meantime, I will see if I can pull up an article talking more about this as I can't remember the book I got it from.

*Note to mods: For some reason this thread has posted three times when I only submitted it once. I'm trying to delete the other ones but there doesn't seem to be a delete option.
  2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Aug 24, 2002
    +194 / -0
    I gave a list of black owned banks in this thread: