Black Entertainment : Common, Pharrell, and ‘The New Black’: An Ignorant Mentality That Undermines the Black Experience

Now that you bring him up, I mean both. From your pic, you don't look that old enough to know how Al, or Jesse spoke back in the day. They both switched up when they started running for Gov. offices.

And he is from the Chi, and what I'm saying is that he speaks differently now that he's a Hollywood star, and a visitor to the white house. Listen to his cut Chi-City, then listen to his award acceptance speech about the two NY cops that got shot.

Peace bruh!!!

As Salaam Alaikum! !!!!

I grew up on Common he is one of my favorites and still is when it comes to music.

I didn't here them in the 60's. A lot of what I have today is from YouTube and books. But majority of those who were in those times caved under pressure and sold themselves.

"Let's forget about the past as much as we can and let's move from where we are now"

I still can't get over this damm comment though... come on Com!
He is a better lyricist than a speaker, this it my hope.

In your last post, you didn't find any fault in what he said, why the change:10500:

And that is the problem with what he said. Why do we have to be the one to forget our past? That has been floated already and what has come out of that is our history not being taught to us in school.

Why?

It's an effort to forget the past.

Peace!

As Salaam Alaikum! !!!!

I grew up on Common he is one of my favorites and still is when it comes to music.

I didn't here them in the 60's. A lot of what I have today is from YouTube and books. But majority of those who were in those times caved under pressure and sold themselves.

Thanks for pointing this out, my bad if it seemed like I was trying to sway you. My only point was that his speech has switched up to being less critical do to his Hollywood fame now.

This is still one of my favorite vids

That's a hard beat...:music:

Peace bruh!!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back