Black Spirituality Religion : Common lies Christians tell that are ABSOLUTELY FALSE!

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Goddess Auset333, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    http://www.evilbible.com/common_lies.htm

Common lies Christians tell that are ABSOLUTELY FALSE!

I deal with Christian lies on a daily basis. These lies range from the myth that Einstein was a theist, to the claim that there is conclusive evidence for Jesus’ existence. I had to make this page so that I could collect some common lies told and present the truth behind the matter. There are hundreds of things I feel compelled to discuss but I shall limit it to a top five list. The top five lies Christian’s tell:

Darwin recanted on his deathbed. This is completely fabricated and has no foundation in truth whatsoever. A woman named “Lady Hope” spoke to a church group shortly after the death of Charles Darwin. She claimed that she was at Darwin’s bedside on the day of his death. She also claimed that Darwin recanted on evolution and accepted Jesus on his deathbed. Her claims are not only unsupported, but are directly opposed by Darwin’s daughter, Henrietta. Henrietta stated “I was present at his deathbed, Lady Hope was not present during his last illness, or any illness. I believe he never even saw her, but in any case she had no influence over him in any department of thought or belief. My father never recanted any of his scientific views, either then or earlier. I am upset that the U.S. Christians have fabricated this conversion nonsense. The whole story has no foundation whatever.” February 23, 1922.

Evolution has been proven false (is only a theory). Evolution can be divided into two parts, macro and micro. Micro evolution is a fact, where as macro evolution remains a theory due to debates on the exact steps of the evolutionary process. EVOLUTION DID HAPPEN we simply can’t trace the exact evolutionary steps of the of the 3 trillion plus species on earth. Considering there is no way that we can even prove if we have located all the species on earth, this may always remain a theory. We can prove though, beyond a doubt, that humans have evolved. We can trace it back conclusively 3.6 million years. 97% of all scientists accept evolution (so does the Catholic Church). Christians have spread lies about this excessively, they especially like to say evolution preaches that Humans evolved from monkeys. Evolution does not state that humans evolved from monkeys, that idea is completely absurd. Science states that monkeys and humans evolved from a shared forefather and are hence relatives, (all primates are) but we are in no way direct descendants of them.

Atheists have no morals. All one has to do is take a look at the American prison system. Nearly 76% of violent criminals are Christian and NO, most of these Christians did not convert after conviction, they were Christian at the time of the crime. The greatest genocides in human history stemmed from the Christian faith. If you examine secular societies in comparison to religious societies; secular societies will consistently have less crime, unemployment, corruption and more freedom, share of wealth and a higher standard of living. Nearly EVERY single advancement towards morality (I.E: ceasing native genocide, freeing the slaves and women’s suffrage) was OPPOSED by the church and Christian organizations.

This United States is a country founded on Christianity. This is the biggest sack of horse **** and only an EXTREME MORON would believe something this retarded. The VERY FIRST AMENDMENT of the constitution is based on the Separation of church and state. The paramount reason why the forefathers came to this country was for religious freedom. They listed it as their top goal in forming America. Matter of fact most of the fore fathers weren’t even Christian, but deist, atheist and agnostic. I could site thousands of quotes which piss on this lie from Washington, Franklin, Jefferson, Paine, etc. but I shouldn’t need to, considering the reading of the constitution is a 4th grade curriculum requirement.

There are no atheists in foxholes. I hear this one on a weekly basis and it never ceases to amuse/disgust me. One third of the world’s population does not believe in a deity. The largest concentration of free thinkers is found in Asia, which participated in each world war and have been feuding over territory with the surrounding regions for thousands of years (especially Japan and China). My father is an atheist and served during the Berlin Crisis. I am an atheist and though I wasn’t in a fox hole, I faced death while giving birth and I tell you that the thought about God NEVER crossed my mind when I heard my condition could be fatal. I have had the privilege to meet hundreds of atheists who served in WW2 and Vietnam, each of whom sat in fox holes. For more information about atheists in the military see the Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers website.

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Who among us has never lied?

Why attack Christians (Sisters and Brothers) for doing what all men have done?

If you're trying to draw people to you ... save them ... calling them out of their name, probably won't help in that endeavor.

:heart:

Destee

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

It's a matter of shaming. It's no surprise, as people use shaming to get their way all of the time. I wouldn't say it's particularly bad, because it can be used to steer many down the right road, but with this I don't agree because I'm identified as Christian. But all are free to view things how they feel.

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317

I thought lies were assumed to be falsehood, so to say they are absolutely false is a bit redundant. Aside from that, not all Christians speak like this. Usually it's those who haven't anything else to back their argument, so they say such things to feel right.

They should have more faith though, knowing things don't have to be simplified one way or the other for them to know the truth in the One who died for our sins and was resurrected back to life, for our salvation.

They should know what they say doesn't have to make sense to the unbeliever but to them and their brothers and sisters in the faith because the Father knows His people, and hasn't lost one.

They should believe in truth that while having no faith doesn't make a deed good or not, having faith gives that deed life it needs before the Son, and justification before the Father, as the Son came to bring us.

None should feel a need to lie about anything to prove faith, for in the Holy Spirit, she prove herself to those who seek and keep the commandments of the Father, he Most High.

5. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    Regarding alleged lies that are told about Einstein: He said at The Union Theological Seminary, "the situation may be expressed by an image: "Science without religion is lame, religion without scienc is blind. It was said that regarding Einstein, We could find "a better guide" in understanding GOD and the scriptures."

Darwin death bed. The woman Lady Hope claims to have been the source of him recanting that there is no God. The woman says yes, the daughter says no, and I don't care either way because I have proven there is, as can you if you start adding up the nature of life and ask yourself, why there should even be existence at all.

I don't know what you are going to see on this post, but my post has been hacked. with someone else's comment, rude!

6. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    It didn't show when posted, so I continue.

Opposed: This paragraph claims that ceasing native genocide, freeing the slaves and women's suffrage was opposed by Christians. I can think of some christian religions who supported those advancements of moral civil rights. But I do have to say that Democrats stood on the corner and argued against freeing slaves.

I have read enough history to know that the men who founded this country were Christian, as that was the prominent European religion of a variety. America was also known as Puritan people, Yes, there were hypocrites.

There are no atheists in the foxhole: meaning people will suddenly realize they might need a little help from a stronger power than there own. If they live, they many times decide they had huge power in themselves and forget about the prayer that they cried, "Save me, God!"

7. crwn

crwn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
  8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :10500: is this 'beat on a Christian' month?

9. willa

United States
    Ratings:
    +300
    I read the atrocity and saw the human maiming. It was indeed an example of the ministers of hell coming in the cloak of the gospel for gain. Another description would be "a wolf in sheep's clothing." Is that what Christ taught, to lie to and steal from people? to hack them up and make slaves of them? No. That is and has always been the plan and instrument of evil men for gain, power, riches, and control. Any men who come in the name of God to do harm are never of God.

Free agency is the foundation of this planet from God and is a defining requirement of heaven. We are not robots. Our thoughts are not policed from God, and he does not take them away from us. Even the wicked have their free agency and, when the wicked rule the innocent mourn.

The end result brings Judgement from God that sends those who were of the church of His adversary back to their God of influence, Satan. These will then see their own deeds and know in an undeniable truth that their condemnation is just. They will recognize what they have done and received for all their war against humanity for gain, power, control and wealth, is rewarded with great sorrow for their Eternal loss of beauty, love, exquisite happiness, no poverty, endless knowledge, crowns and the best of all, family all around; because it is family we came from and family (those who chose to understand Christ and his Father) that they return to.

The false and wicked will be tormented continually knowing what they could have received as reward, but their choices put them in the company of those who hate: bullies in the company of bullies and haters. Now what do you think will be going on there?! They deserve each other.

In the end of days when Judgement is ripe, this earth must become a glory like unto God. So, he will remove the wicked in great wrath to prepare it for the resurrected, repented and forgiven children of God. The work will go forward in goodness, more worlds without end.

10. crwn

crwn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    That's
    That's total rubbish, you're lost!
    I dedicate this song by one of our greats to those that are lost..