destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
My web browser reports "Load class Client not found" error when loading chat

The Load class Client not found error is among the most notorious of Java applet error messages, and can be caused by a number of different problems. Usually, this problem indicates that your web browser has downloaded/ cached an invalid copy of our chat software (cache instability or an error in download). Minor network glitches between your computer and our servers can also cause the problem. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the problem can be resolved by emptying your browsers cache (or Temporary Internet Files), then shutting down all instances of your web browser, and trying again. In rare circumstances, a reboot may be required. Please consult your web browser's online help/manual to learn how to empty your browser's cache/temporary internet files.

When I attempt to open the chat room, I see a blank gray box only.

My web browser reports a "bad magic number" error when loading SigmaChat

When I attempt to open the chat room, I see a red checkbox only.

Try emptying your browser's cache first (see above). Remember to shut down all instances of your web browser after emptying the cache (temporary internet files). If this does not work, it is possible that you do not have Java installed. Please visit Sun's Free Java Download Site to download and install Java. Java is the most powerful extension to web technology today, and no web browser is complete without it!

When I attempt to open the chat room, a message appears telling me to install software. What is wrong?

You need to install Java support (see above) On most computers, you can simply follow the on-screen directions to have Java installed for you automatically by your web browser. If this fails, we strongly encourage you to visit Sun's Free Java Download Site to download and install Java. Java is the most powerful extension to web technology today, and no web browser is complete without it!

My Macintosh computer is having various problems with chat.

Our chat is not supported on Macintosh OS 8.x and below systems. It runs best on OS X. Due to minor glitches in the Macintosh Java Virtual Machine, some features (such as AutoScroll) are disabled.

I connect to to the internet with AOL, but am unable to login to the chat room.

Do not use the built-in AOL web browser. Instead, use the web browser (usually Microsoft Internet Explorer) that was included with your computer/operating system.

When I click "Login" nothing happens, or a message appears telling me that it cannot connect, or that I have been disconnected. What is wrong?

If a server is offline, simply wait a few minutes. It is extremely rare that our chat servers go down, and we have automated systems in place to ensure they are back up and running within 10 minutes of going down. Secondly, and the most likely scenario, is that you are using a computer restricted by a firewall; see below:

I am using a computer behind a firewall, or in a work/education environment. How can I use chat?

You, or your network administrator, will need to allow TCP access on ports 8000 through 8009 at client.sigmachat.com. On some LAN firewalls, you may simply set the security setting to "Low" while you wish to use our chat software.

I have been banned from the chat room, and feel that I can behave myself now. Who should I contact to get un-banned?

Email Destee@destee.com

I am still having problems. What should I do?

Create a new thread in this forum detailing your problems. We willl respond to it here. This way if someone else has the same problem they can be helped by the same thread.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back