Black People : Comedian Richard Pryor Dies

God Bless our Beloved Ancestor.

We are listening to him in voice chat right now ... c'mon in ... www.destee.com/chat

If you have some Richard recordings, please come in and play them for us.

Let's celebrate the life!

:heart:

Destee

Truely this was the funny man him self
and a great actor in the MACk , Lady sing the blues
a Legend of his time surely will be missed greatly and never forgotten
R.I.P
Richard Funny Man Pryor
1940 - 2005

Thank you "Daddy Rich" for bringing comedic excellence to us all...peace Be Upon You!

Sharp Eye Washington

I had to check in and see what yall were saying about brother Rich. I too am hurt by his passing. I really feel like somebody I really knew is gone. Rich raised me. I know that might not have been the best thing. In the 70's when Rich was coming on TV everybody knew about it. Everybody would be talking about how Rich was gonna be on Johnny Carson or Flip Wilson that night.

Listening to those albums in the 70's was not appropriate for a 13 or 14 year old. But I listened. I remember once my mother stopping me as I walked out of the house. I don't know how she knew but she told me that I better not be listening to those Richard Pryor albums. I looked at her and lied my *** off and said, "Ma, I don't listen to that stuff." I walked away with her eyes on my back, trying not to snicker cause I already knew every single word on the album by heart. I was 13. If you had asked me to memorize Martin Luther King's " I Have A Dream" speech, I couldn'a done it. I barely new the pledge of allegeance. But I knew every single word of the stories of Mudbone, Cockeyed Jr. and Ms. Rudolf. I mean word for word. I listened to all those albums 1000 times each. Rich was the funniest MF in the world. We was laid out on the floor laughing so hard. I remember going to the show to see "The Mack." Rich was Goldie's homie, Slim. They made Pretty Tony stick hisself with that sword he had in his cane. It was too funny.

So, to say I'm sad about Rich passing is an understatement. It hurts. I'ma sure miss him. Fo' real. Thats my main man.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back