Audio Video Web Conferencing : Come To My Garden - Minnie Riperton

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009

Come to My Garden is the debut solo album by Minnie Riperton which was produced, arranged and orchestrated by Charles Stepney and released in 1970. It was re-released on CD in 1999. It peaked at number one hundred and sixty on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart in 1974.[2] Some versions of the CD release don't include the last track, "Whenever, Wherever." Riperton said she wanted a sound like the great Dionne Warwick / Burt Bacharach collaborations for the album.

Minnie Riperton was presented as a solo artist by Ramsey Lewis on Saturday, December 26, 1970 at Chicago's famed London House. She performed several numbers from the album accompanied by Charles Stepney, the album's producer. Although commercially unsuccessful, Come to My Garden is considered a masterpiece by critics. "Les Fleurs" is probably the album's best known song, and "Expecting" remains a favourite among fans.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_to_My_Garden

Come_To_My_Garden.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back