destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Brother MrRon mentioned in this post, that Bill Cosby and Dr. Alvin Pouissant would be on Meet the Press yesterday, discussing their new book titled, Come on People. I did get a chance to watch the program. Thanks Brother MrRon for letting us know they'd be on there, for i had no idea prior to you sharing that.

It was really a great interview, and opportunity to hear and see Mr. Cosby and Dr. Pouissant speak on the issues in our communities, that concerns them.

According to the program, they present lots of hard facts, acknowledge the existence and challenge of systemic racism and discrimination, yet they are saying in spite of these things, we must not give up on our Families and children especially.

As i listened, i was reminded of the Elder Interviews we've been doing recently. They were almost saying the same things our Elders have been saying to us. They though, have the added advantage of a broader picture, experience with lots more families, numbers, etc., helping to bring the whole thing into perspective.

I know that Mr. Cosby has received some negative commentary here in the past, and may receive more, but i'm feeling what he's saying.

I must say though, Brother MrRon, while you brought the interview to our attention, i was lead to believe it would be opinion much like yours, but that was not the case at all. Mr. Cosby and Dr. Pouissant clearly acknowledge racism, police brutality, racial profling, the disparities in prison sentences for white men vs Black Men, the under-employment of Black People, the poverty being maintained by the system, that it is an unfair battle for us from the start, and that doors are shut by the systemic racism ... all of that and more .. while you seem to deny any of this exists.

No matter though, i'm glad you let us know it was coming on, as i enjoyed watching it.

Did anyone else view the program? If so, what were your thoughts. If you didn't see it, i believe you can view it, in its entirety, on the Meet the Press site, along with excerpts from the book.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Peace and Blessings Family,

Brother MrRon mentioned in this post, that Bill Cosby and Dr. Alvin Pouissant would be on Meet the Press yesterday, discussing their new book titled, Come on People. I did get a chance to watch the program. Thanks Brother MrRon for letting us know they'd be on there, for i had no idea prior to you sharing that.

It was really a great interview, and opportunity to hear and see Mr. Cosby and Dr. Pouissant speak on the issues in our communities, that concerns them.

According to the program, they present lots of hard facts, acknowledge the existence and challenge of systemic racism and discrimination, yet they are saying in spite of these things, we must not give up on our Families and children especially.

As i listened, i was reminded of the Elder Interviews we've been doing recently. They were almost saying the same things our Elders have been saying to us. They though, have the added advantage of a broader picture, experience with lots more families, numbers, etc., helping to bring the whole thing into perspective.

I know that Mr. Cosby has received some negative commentary here in the past, and may receive more, but i'm feeling what he's saying.

I must say though, Brother MrRon, while you brought the interview to our attention, i was lead to believe it would be opinion much like yours, but that was not the case at all. Mr. Cosby and Dr. Pouissant clearly acknowledge racism, police brutality, racial profling, the disparities in prison sentences for white men vs Black Men, the under-employment of Black People, the poverty being maintained by the system, that it is an unfair battle for us from the start, and that doors are shut by the systemic racism ... all of that and more .. while you seem to deny any of this exists.

No matter though, i'm glad you let us know it was coming on, as i enjoyed watching it.

Did anyone else view the program? If so, what were your thoughts. If you didn't see it, i believe you can view it, in its entirety, on the Meet the Press site, along with excerpts from the book.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

When one eats the meat and drinks the wine of the King, it is hard to see the King as the King actually is. People so easily become drunk from the wine consumed and delight in the flavor of it and the varieties it comes in. When we eat of the Kings food our bellies get full and we feel the contentment and satisfaction of not being hungry...not knowing that the Kings food has also constipated us and congested our perspective of the King, but that the food and wine was produced and given to us for just such a purpose.
As such, those who drink and eat of the Kings food and wine will always deny the evils of the King or that the King is even responsible for any. Instead we will advocate; "Come good people!, the King is giving us good wine and good food!...let us all eat and feast!...while never acknowledging that we are being fatted for the kill.

We need not produce anything, the King will do it for us. We need not feed ourselves, the King will do it for us. We need not worry about health care or of educating our children, the King will do it for us. We need not fear for our safety or of crime, the King will take care of justice for us. Why should we create jobs, build homes or long for anything on our own when the King is doing it for us!? Long live the King! Long live the King!

Yes, long live the King!...and the King will surely live long and continue to be the King as long as our bellies remain filled with his food and we remain drunk on his wine. The reality is that there are far too many of us in this condition who advocate the greatness of the King without ever seeing that the King is the King of "ALL WITHIN HIS KINGDOM".

If he is the King of all that we perceive as being good or great, he is equally the King of all that is evil. He is the King of corruption, of death, of injustice, of poverty and miseducation. He can not simply be the King of the good things or the great things, he is the King of all in his Kingdom and no one does it better than THE KING...that is why he is the King.

How long will he remain the King? He will remain the King as long as we continue to eat and promote the greatness of his wine and food without acknowledging that we can make our own wine and food. He will remain King as long as those whose bellies are full continue to be spokesman or women for a King that they have never seen in all his glory or decadence...a decadence that we are dying from that they call living.

I thank you for your Post Destee and simply felt the need to add on.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back