COME-N-GET YOUR WRIT'N SKILLS!

Discussion in 'Online Classes - Be a Teacher!' started by PurpleMoons, Feb 13, 2007.

1. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Have you ever stopped at the end of a sentence and thought, "something don't seem quite right?"

Do you struggle with getting compete thoughts down on paper?

What about question marks, exclamation, quotations, coma's, colon's, and/or semi-colons? Do it put you in a daze when its time to place them in their respective places?

Well, I am proud to present "Our Very First On-line Writing Skills Class!" Brought to you by our very own Beloved Sister.

Sister River, also known as "Rhonda Johnson", graduated in 1999 with an MA in English from California State University , Los Angeles where she also taught Basic Writing . All gifts come from the Creator and blessings from the Supreme Being. Ase.

Works by Rhonda have appeared in The Creative Writing Club Journal at California State University, STATEMENT, Cal State's prestigious literary magazine as well as The University Times , Cal State's biweekly newspaper. She is also co-winner of the 1997 Henry Coulette Memorial Poetry Award, an award of the Academy of American Poets.

------------------------------------------

So if you have plans on writing your very own book, or improving your poetic skills, and/or just logging down your daily events in a journal, Sister River is the person to help you build a stronger more professional writing ability. She will be holding a class every Saturday @ 12 noon EST, beginning on February 17th.

Sister Rivers intellect and charismatic wit will enlighten, as well as improve those areas that you've struggled with for so long. Don't pass up an opportunity to know and grow!

2. Love_Unknown

Love_Unknown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    WONDERFUL!

Sister River I have been praising your intellect since I met you, and now I find out that you're fully accredited too! Will the blessings never end. I'm in the process of organizing my ideas, and selecting the material and target audience for my first book, and I will be much in need of a strong proof reader such as yourself. Would you do me the honor of lending your skill and expertise to the quality of my work? We'll knock em dead sister. Much love.

3. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    Excellent!

Thank you sister River for stepping up and offering your time and energy for the benefit of us all.

Asante sana!

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    The honor is totally mutual, ore mi. So let it be written. So let it be done.

5. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Brothas and sistas of Destee,

Be sure to return here. I shall prepare and post the syllabus for this course. Hey, I don't just do the right thing. I do the right thing right.

Maybe we can get Destee or Purplemoons to open up a special forum where you guys can post and respond to the writing assignments I will give you. Nothing overly time consuming. I shan't ask you to write a dissertation. Just little things where you can practice what you learn and benefit from feedback. Knowamsane?

6. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    :bowdown: You are a river of life. Thank you so much for offering this as I need help in this area. Won't be able to make all of your classes but will be able to make many of them.

Wow...thanks so much.

7. Joyce

Joyce Well-Known Member MEMBER

people
    Ratings:
    +56
    River,

My sister is currently writing a book on the behind scenes of what really goes on in nursing homes. She's been in this line of work for over 17 years and feel a strong need to speak out on a lot of things that go on that shouldn't. She believes her book will help put laws in place to change the standard and make those places a better place for those who have to use them. I said all of that to say this...do you ever proof read books? If you do, would you consider hers when it is finished this year? I would much rather have her pay you than anyone else.:hearts4:

8. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hi sista Joyce,

Sure I'd be happy to.

I'm glad to have eager students. Even if you can't come to every class you can still benefit from the materials and stuff.

9. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    :great: :great: :great: :great: :great:

This is going to be GREAT!

Reading the objectives has got me excited and eager to begin learning.
    I'll have to present your request for a designated area to the administrators.
    I'll get back to you on that.

In the meantime, those who are interested in this course, show some Love and post whether you'll be able to join us.

:toast: -to Sister River and a Brighter Writing Ability!:toast:

10. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    For members in different time zones

oh hey sista Purple let's be sure to specify that we mean noon est.