Chevron Dove : COLORISM

Chevron Dove

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2009
COLORISM

Discrimination based on skin color, or colorism, is a form of prejudice or discrimination in which human beings are treated differently based on the social meanings attached to skin color. [1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_based_on_skin_color

…Media [edit]
The media is responsible for influencing beliefs regarding ideas of beauty in the African American community. Mass media productions often perpetuate discrimination based on skin color. African Americans possessing lighter skin complexion and “European features”, such as lighter eyes, and smaller noses and lips have more opportunities in the media industry.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimination_based_on_skin_color

Colorism did not just happen in our modern times, but its origin goes back thousands of years. In fact, based on my research this concept was the very reason why the Adamah were created and became apart of this earth. Therefore, Colorism, Color Supremacy and White Supremacy was in existence long before the Adamah. So many of the problems of today also stems from not understanding its origins and how the Creator responds to this phenomena. Many of us have been deceived to believe that the Bible does not deal with this issue and have been made to believe by false propaganda in that, 'God loves all colors' and 'It doesn't matter what color we are' and etc. Deception is 'part truth'...and the other part is simply not addressed to give the false notion that the Creator does not deal with this issue, when in fact, this would be the very reason why He created the Adamah and sent his son to earth during the time of the set up of the Roman Empire system. Yes, it would be truth that in the Creator's eyes, it does not matter what color we express and he loves all colors, but to think that He would not deal with Colorism in a definite manner is to believe a lie. As believers in truth and love for all, we are not blessed to believe in Color Supremacy and we are not blessed to reciprocate this wicked phenomena. But to not defend against the evil and violence that a Color system promotes is just as deceptive and evil. This then is a serious problem within the ethnic cultures because Colorism is also a mechanism that becomes a motivation. In fact, the question here would be, 'Why did many AFrican Americans vote for president Obama?' No, the Creator does not promote Colorism and we should not reciprocate the evils brought about as a result of a system set up in this manner. Although I love and adore president Obama and I am grateful for what he had done to defend against discrimination, however, a lot of evils have piggy backed on his platform, issues that the Creator would never condone.

Therefore, in order to deal with Colorism in the world, there needs to be a definite solution. I believe that truth and merit should be an objective. This subject, I believe is paramount and hopefully, other references can be added.

I love her skin color. Beautiful.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back