Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Hello my friend - Sankofa

Music Producer said:
If this thread was to be a thread to strengthen service to Jesus and justify African Americans accepting the New Testament over the Old Testament then I will no longer butt-in to keep the peace.

Music Producer,

There has been no peace between us since we began our discussion. In fact, you are behind on the "Outstanding Issues" I brought up several pages back. What you call "butt-in" is the advent of silent-ra coming into the discussion. silent-ra is entitled to discuss the color of Jesus, if he wishes. But silent-ra has another agenda to unfold.

The Areopagites are gone, it has just been us on the battlefield.

I don't understand, is this some sort of game you are playing?

Could you be suffering from battle fatigue?

Sincerely,

Clyde

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
OmowaleX said:
I must second this statement.

Even though I myself left the discussion it admittedly has proven to be rather interesting in how it has developed.

And, there are people who have been following along and reading, if nothing else. And I think this is a good thing.

Peace.

Good Job, Thanks!
:welldone:

silent-ra

Banned
Dec 29, 2004
Clyde Coger said:
This is interesting silent-ra, on the one hand there is a myth, and on the other hand human shortcoming.

What advice would you give a movie producer to be able to pull it off?

Sincerely,

Clyde
Peace to yu Brotha Clyde,

Thank yu for yor question. But plez consider what I write is jus one consideration.

While I believe the story should be told about the Color of the Cross, the advice I would have given (before the movie was created) is to be prayerful about what his budget should be used on. What’s priority would be the issue with me. I’m convinced that although our people can learn about anything they put their minds to, still, on average most of us would have to learn the basics first. Risking sounding cliché-ist, “yu have to crawl before yu walk.”

This is also true of learning.

How can I teach one about Algebra, when they know nothing about multiplication-which is one process of Algebra? Or, how can I teach my little cousin how to read, if my cousin don’t know the alphabet? Priority.

So with regards to the movie, there are arguments that it may be premature. Some would argue that tripping off whether “Jesus” was melanin-laden is important but should not be dealt with at length at this stage of our learning.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Beautiful, Powerful and full of Blackness - silent-ra

silent-ra said:
Peace to yu Brotha Clyde,

Thank yu for yor question. But plez consider what I write is jus one consideration.

While I believe the story should be told about the Color of the Cross, the advice I would have given (before the movie was created) is to be prayerful about what his budget should be used on. What’s priority would be the issue with me. I’m convinced that although our people can learn about anything they put their minds to, still, on average most of us would have to learn the basics first. Risking sounding cliché-ist, “yu have to crawl before yu walk.”

This is also true of learning.

How can I teach one about Algebra, when they know nothing about multiplication-which is one process of Algebra? Or, how can I teach my little cousin how to read, if my cousin don’t know the alphabet? Priority.

So with regards to the movie, there are arguments that it may be premature. Some would argue that tripping off whether “Jesus” was melanin-laden is important but should not be dealt with at length at this stage of our learning.
silent-ra,

That is beautiful, powerful and full of Blackness. You covered everything nicely, especially this:

"But plez consider what I write is jus one consideration."

If it were not for discussion sake, I could make no comment, seriously! That is just how tight your thought process is.

So, here we go, but for discussion sake, only:

Millions upon Millions of Black people have had to watch Europeans play our roles, all their lives. Millions upon Millions of Black people will never acquire the knowledge of ourselves. Millions upon Millions of Black people have died not knowing what you know. Millions upon Millions of White People deserved to know the Truth. Millions upon Millions of people are not even concerned about what we know and were we are going.

Finally, millions upon millions of black and white people need the balance of seeing a Black Man on The Cross!

No, this is the final thought, make those words you spoke about how you would have done the movie come true, because, you know the deal, millions upon millions of us need you! That is what LaMarre and Clyde did!

No, I lied, this is the final thought, don't run-away as did the Music Producer!

Sincerely,

Clyde

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.
Hello to you dear, how are you doing ?
Yummy0 wrote on 1poetsought's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on chuck's profile.
Yummy0 wrote on jamesfrmphilly's profile.