destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Color of the Cross

http://www.colorofthecross.com/home.html

This powerful, epic film vividly portrays the last 48 hours of the life of Jesus Christ and challenges commonly held assumptions about Him. With moving performances from Jean-Claude LaMarre (Malcolm X) and Debbi Morgan (Woman Thou Art Loosed), this stirring film is a triumph!

The first depiction of Jesus as a black man, Color Of The Cross is also the first to suggest that the Crucifixion could have been racially motivated. A compelling script and astounding interpretations of The Bible make this daring masterpiece an achievement not to be missed. With its inspiring, unconventional approach to an emotionally volatile issue, Color of the Cross presents a fresh perspective on the history of Christianity and delivers as moving a portrait of His life as has ever been put to film!

By portraying Jesus as a black Jew, this movie may appear controversial to some. However, it stands to be the single most positive image of a black lead character in a film to date. This film will undeniably resonate in the hearts and minds of the black community and strike a cord of inspiration in the hearts of Christians of all ethnicities around the world.

Color of the Cross tells a story that is familiar to most. The movie addresses four areas: Jesus and his disciples, the state of mind of the Romans occupying Judea, the issues facing the Rabbis in the Sanhedrin, and the family life of Joseph, Mary and their remaining children as they were affected by Jesus' persecution.

The movie opens with Jesus and the disciples approaching Jerusalem for the Last Supper and the film unfolds with the events leading up to Jesus’ capture and crucifixion. This extensively researched film remains true to Biblical and historical facts.

Shot on 35mm anamorphic film, Color of the Cross theatrical release is due in October 2006, distribution rights held by 20th Century Fox Entertainment and followed by the DVD release by 20th Century Fox Home Video Division who also released Mel Gibson’s “The Passion of the Christ” on home video.

Color of the Cross is a Nu-Lite Entertainment production, and producers are Rev. Cecil "Chip" Murray, Kenneth Halsband, Jean Claude LaMarre, Executive Producers Lila Aviv, Marc Porterfield, and Jessie Levostre.

http://www.colorofthecross.com/home.html

:heart:

Destee

I know I am going to catch it from others (and perhaps even you Destee) for stating this, but I must state the truth. For anyone who knows the meaning of my name here, would understand why. Ok here we go...

It is incredibly stupid and only reactionary by African people to go make a movie about a Black Jesus just because the prevailing images are of a White man. Jesus was not ethnically Black/African either. And don't anyone hand me those horse-poo verses of Jesus having skin like burnt brass/copper or hair like lamb's wool. There are millions of Semitic/Asiatic people even today in Asia who have swarthy skin and wooly hair, but identify more with Indo-European (or Asiatic) culture than anything else.

Here we have one of the few ethnically Black/African persons in the New Testament called out here...

In the church at Antioch there were prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Simeon called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen (who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch) and Saul. ~Acts 13:1

We must understand that Nai-Gheir was a name associated with the people and the great River Nile, particularly in Egypt and Nubia. When the Romans took over the Greek empire invading Egypt, they were met by the African peoples along the Nile with stiff resistance. This term evolved into "niger" in Latin for the Romans, and subsequently was associated with the blackness of the people. Therefore, in Latin, "niger" was the derogatory word for blackness, and throughout the Roman empire (Palestine during Jesus' time), the term was used to denote people who were ethnically Black/African. **Quick note, this is the ancient etymological root of the N-word** Therefore, if the Hebrews/Jews of Acts 13:1 here were truly Black/African people, then there would be no reason to single out only Simeon for being a niger.

Another time the New Testament explicitly calls out an African is Acts 8:26-27 when referring to an Ethiopian eunuch. However, in the Old Testament, we clearly have a reference to the (black) color of Ethiopians that differentiates them from the Hebrews/Jews...

Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil. ~Jeremiah 13:23

Is this not a peculiar statement to make about someone elses skin that is supposed to be black like you? The very implication of such a statement is whether or not the Ethiopian cab change his skin to non-Black, or to that which is deemed "normal". Whatever that norm is, it is clear that it is not ethnically Black. It is used in the same context as leopards having spots, where Hebrew men normally do not have spots. Likewise, in the same context, attention was drawn on the skin of the Ethiopian (which we all know is black), where Hebrew men did not normally have black skin.

The problem here is we have too many Black/African people who still can't think for themselves, who in the end only look like fools producing a Black Jesus out of pure ignorance and shiftless Negro emotion.

^^^^

i agree. I myself doubt whether Jesus was black. Looking at the people I know who have lived in that side of the world for centuries he was more than likely swarthy or olive with curly hair he was supposed to be unremarkable and a black dude preaching in Judea would be very conspicuous especially since many blacks in the bible's ethnicity were emphasized

KWABENA said:
I will follow Habakkuk and "make it plain..."

READ/SEARCH/RE-SEARCH/LOOK-UP/INVESTIGATE THE COUNCIL OF NICEA!

KD

Besides the formation of present-day Christianity by trying to standardize the faith given the then different practices and beliefs about who and what is God, how exactly does the Council of Nicea relate to the ethnicity of Jesus? Please share...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back