Black Education / Schools : College President Gives $90,000 Of His Salary To Lowest-Paid Employees On Campus

Enki

The Evolved Amphibian
REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 27, 2010
The Third Plane of Existence
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Raymond Burse, interim president of Kentucky State University, elected to have his salary decreased from $349,869 to $259,745 in order to boost the paychecks of the university's lowest-paid workers,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ary-psu_n_5647997.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Sadly you don't here about blacks that do good like this on the news, or talk shows. But at least he took action, instead of talking. Even our so called black leaders don't think about doing this, but they will talk a good game.

Peace!

n-KENTUCKY-STATE-UNIVERSITY-large.jpg

Raymond Burse, interim president of Kentucky State University, elected to have his salary decreased from $349,869 to $259,745 in order to boost the paychecks of the university's lowest-paid workers, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader.

Burse's pay cut will increase the salaries of 24 KSU employees, some of whom were making as littles as $7.25 an hour, to $10.25 an hour, WLKY reported. Burse said that his giving up $90,124.96 is a response to "tough times" and wanting to ensure that university workers know the school's board and president "care about them and want to do the very best by them," according to the Herald-Leader.

Burse has experience dealing with KSU employees -- he served as KSU president from 1982 to 1989, according to KY Forward. After his presidency, Burse held an executive position at General Electric Co. He retired in 2012 after 17 years with good benefits, the Herald-Leader reported.

For all of his Good Samaritanism, Burse wants to make clear that his pay cut is not a poke at other university presidents to follow suit, according to the Herald-Leader. Burse said, "I was in a position where I could do that," and he recognizes that his decision is one that many people aren't able to make.

Thank you! That is exactly what I was thinking as I read the OP - this man is either an heir to a fortune, or he retired from some big company with a pocketful of money! Nonetheless, big ups to the brutha for taking out of HIS paycheck and "giving back...." :great:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ary-psu_n_5647997.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Sadly you don't here about blacks that do good like this on the news, or talk shows. But at least he took action, instead of talking. Even our so called black leaders don't think about doing this, but they will talk a good game.

Peace!

Glad that there are folks who are willing to talk the talk and walk the walk. This is a very unselfish gesture. Some folks give, without others knowing about it...but however you look at it...this is good news to read.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back