Black People : COLLECTORS?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by SAMURAI36, May 24, 2005.

1. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Anyone here collectors of anything?

I myself collect a variety of things:

Movies:
    Mostly horror, sci-fi, anime, martial arts, etc.

Music:
    Mostly Underground Hip-Hop, Reggae, Oldies, World Music, Opera and Classical.

Books:
    Spiritual/Scriptures, Culture/History, Historical Fiction, Some Sci-Fi, Dictionaries, CookBooks, Graphic Novels.

Comic Books:
    X-Men, Batman, Justice League, Spawn, Sin City, Manga, Transformers, And some others.

I also collect wall masks and sculptures from various cultures--I currently have over 20 masks (3 got lost in the fire :( ).

I also collect swords (Duhh!!), mainly from the Chinese Ming Era, and the Japanese Tokugawa Era.

I also collect vases, of various sizes and shapes, as well as framed art.

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    As far as swords go, I have this set:

http://auction5.comton.com/member/hugewarehouse/white_katana1.jpg

The top is a Kitana (Nipponai Long Sword), the Middle is the Wakizashi (Nipponai Short Sword), and the bottom is the Tanto (Nipponai Side Arm or Dagger).

A little info about the swords:

The kitana refers to a specific type of curved, single-edged sword traditionally used by the Japanese samurai. The weapon was typically worn by members of the buke warrior class paired with the wakizashi, or short sword. The two weapons together were called the daisho, and represented the social power and personal honor of the samurai.

Tanto are often interchangeable with Wakizashi, and were preferred on the battlefield due to the fact that they were smaller and got in the way of battle much less. Their use was similar, and they were a samurai's sidearm. Tanto are forged generally in hira-zukuri, meaning that they have no ridge-line, unlike the shinogi-zukuri shape of a katana. They are generally very thin and therefore would cut soft targets very, very well.

PEACE

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19

Hmm. If you like swords I sell quite a few on the online store I operate. I have an abundance of Asian/Japanese ones too.

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Really? Could you post a link?

PEACE

5. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
  6. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I collect:

Computer Components:

I have old computer parts like 8088's and etc. I

Comic Books:

DC Graphic Novels, I have like 1 or 2 marvels, I do not believe they can tell a story with out screwing it up with time travel...

Anime:

I try to collect entire series DVD's, I have outlaw star, Cowboy Bebop, and a few others.

Books:

I collect books about legal and political topics, and also film topics as well.

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    LOL......

I don't don't think that the time travel stories necessarily mess things up, just that it's over done now.

I have all of the above, in addition to GITS, APPLESEED, alot of the GUNDAM series, and several others.

PEACE

8. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    THe time travel is just ludicrous at times. I was more of a DC fan anyway so I am a bit biased.

Also there is an old series called Hellsing, that is awesome, you ought to cop that one or check it out. I am working on getting Trigun, Inuyasha and Street Fighter V (A nice redux of the street fighter concept)

9. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Hmmm.......

I've written down and collected nearly every dream I've had (that I could remember) since I was 12 years old.

Seriously.

Other than that, I like to collect foriegn currency and souveniers from the trips I take abroad.

10. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I was a hard-core X-Fan from the late 80's to 2000.......Now that stuff is just crap to me.

I have to admit now, that I am slowly becoming a hard-core DC fan. Especially with what they've been doing lately, with the INFINITE CRISIS concept.

Captain Marvel was always my favorite character, even growing up as a kid. He's even more so now.

[quoteAlso there is an old series called Hellsing, that is awesome, you ought to cop that one or check it out. I am working on getting Trigun, Inuyasha and Street Fighter V (A nice redux of the street fighter concept)[/QUOTE]

I never got into TRIGUN, but I like INUYASHA......I never liked SF-V at all.

The best anime of SF was the original Japanese Movie.

PEACE