Black People : Collateral Murder

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by RAPTOR, Apr 7, 2010.

1. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate
    slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two
    Reuters news staff. Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the
    Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from
    an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded
    Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were
    also seriously wounded. For further information please visit the special project
    website www.collateralmurder.com.

http://wikileaks.org/

Admin Refuses to Call for Probe of US Killing of Iraqis

The Obama administration is refusing to call for a new probe into the US military’s
    killing of twelve Iraqis despite the public release of video footage capturing the attack
    on tape. Earlier this week, the watchdog website WikiLeaks released a classified US
    military video showing a US helicopter gunship indiscriminately firing on Iraqi civilians
    in 2007. The victims included two employees of the Reuters news agency,
    photographer Namir Noor-Eldeen and driver Saeed Chmagh. Two children were also
    badly wounded. On Tuesday, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said he’s
    unsure if President Obama even saw the tape.

http://www.democracynow.org/2010/4/7/headlines#1

2. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Yeah, wikileaks is the BINNEZ these days fam.

One,

- Ikoro

3. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    My bad I had posted a thread today without seeing yours already...

good to know at least that someone else is checking this out and concerned ...:toast:

According to Julian Assange co founder of WikiLeaks.org, there are more footage like this to come..

We may think us not to be the direct shot callers in these wars, yet we are the ones along with the rest of the nation who have voted to keep these supposed "wars on terror" going by electing those who carry on the same agenda as their predecessors...

I ask this, what can one do to make it known that I do NOT condone these kinds of acts of what I consider wars OF terror?

With how we engage other peoples around the world, I honestly do not see an immediate end to these back and forth encounters...

How does the rest of the Globe view the average American?

Do they think we are innocent, directly or non directly involved in attacks like these, and the wars period?

Kind of off topic, yet, I remember this white dude Kenny who I worked Construction with. He would look, and listen to me as if I was some kind of alien. Kenny always seemed fascinated with me from the beginning. I later found that his childhood was filled with racist family members who constantly referred to Blacks as N words, and to them, we were basically considered useless. Here I was though a Licensed Journeyman Electrician, who was not only useful, but was actually successful in running multimillion dollar projects from start to finish.

What Ken recalled what happened from his childhood, often angered me, but I just took it as his way of healing himself and shedding many of the misconceptions that he was programmed into thinking.

To me I too have been programmed, I do not know one person of middle easterner personally, and the ones I know of, come across the airwaves, reading from a letter how he wants to waste me.

I grew up myself hearing insulting terms like Camel jockey, Sand N****s, Towel Head, Dune Coon, and what is not surprising is these were all uttered by White Folks. I somehow allowed it to slip into my terminology, and in my own ignorance, it hindered me from wanting to learn more about foreigners or their culture.

So I say all that to say this,...with working to bridge gaps among our own people, do we or should we do so with those around the world who are being manipulated by our and their own government also?

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    i will get to your question later to explain why i answer no (we dont) and yes (we should).

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    maybe we should not be there at all. however, when we are there the people who we are fighting are not wearing uniforms.

6. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    yes and in this case,

video equipment

according to the GI's some had weapons,

what gets me is how we can think that by commiting murder of their family, friends and often times seemingly innocent enough people, that we think them to just go peacefully along with what we are doing...

I believe we are creating enemies, and the whole globe is witnessing...

and it aint never going to end, payback is a mug

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :10500: as i said, perhaps we should not be there at all......

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Okay so back to your questions. you asked several but i will clarigy my initial yes/no response.

yes we should build solidarity with all people around the globe who seek freedom from oppresion. no we as a collective do not work towards this aim for numerous reasons, one of which i will refer to as narrow, micro-nationalism and the other i will refer to as american nationalism.

this is why i have to ask what is your reference when you speak of "we" ?

the golbal perceptive of black folks in america is that we are a large part of the probblem, not the solution to the problem.

"we" have assimilated perhaps to an extent of the most that "we" can assimilate and now the system can assimilate us no more because it is in a state of crisis. a select few who already are largely assimilated will continue to be used by the system to perpetuate an image of democracy to the international community, an image which gives the impression of a post-racial society.

as far as creating enemies you are totally correct but this is nothing new. at root of problem is "our" support of israel which is positioned to cause destabilization in not only the middle east but north africa as well. so long as "we" give unconditional support to israel there will be wars and rumors of wars.

as far as what you or any others can do to voice your dissent i suggest study what folks did in the 60s during the vietnam war because it takes lobbying and civil protest against war and militarism before the powers that be will take notice. and even then, one has to be sophisticated in manner of operation due to homeland security act and policies in effect which can have one arrested if even suspected of home-bred terrorism when one may only be engaging in peaceful protest.

but the world will not see us differently, in a more positive light, if we continue to sity by and allow injustice to continue without some form of protest or dissent.