Black People Politics : Colin Powell endorses Obama for a second term

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Politics,

...The General has racial pride and he's smart to vote for the right candidate, regardless of partisan politics... hats off Mr. Powell...

Powell said he believed Obama's economic policies were helpful in turning around the sluggish economy, and he criticized Republican challenger Mitt Romney's stance on foreign policy.
"I think we ought to keep on the track that we are on," Powell said.
In the interview, Powell insisted he was still a Republican, but "of a more moderate mold." He surprised many within the party in 2008 by choosing Obama over Republican Sen. John McCain.

Colin Powell endorses Obama for a second term

84226269.jpg

Colin Powell (Brendan Smialowski/Getty Images)

TAMPA, Fla.—Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a Republican who served under George W. Bush, declared his support for a second term for President Barack Obama.
"I voted for him in 2008, and I plan to stick with him in 2012," Powell said Thursday during an interview with "CBS This Morning." "I'll be voting for he and for Vice President Joe Biden next month."
Powell said he believed Obama's economic policies were helpful in turning around the sluggish economy, and he criticized Republican challenger Mitt Romney's stance on foreign policy.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/colin-powell-endorses-obama-second-term-115805725--election.html

Peace In,

In the Spirit of Politics,

...The General has racial pride and he's smart to vote for the right candidate, regardless of partisan politics... hats off Mr. Powell...

Colin Powell endorses Obama for a second term

84226269.jpg

Colin Powell (Brendan Smialowski/Getty Images)

TAMPA, Fla.—Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, a Republican who served under George W. Bush, declared his support for a second term for President Barack Obama.
"I voted for him in 2008, and I plan to stick with him in 2012," Powell said Thursday during an interview with "CBS This Morning." "I'll be voting for he and for Vice President Joe Biden next month."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/colin-powell-endorses-obama-second-term-115805725--election.html

Peace In,

The General parents were from Jamaica...The General knows a good man when he sees one..Lol:lol:

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... This stance was highly expected; but why say something and then walk is back...smh

The Romney campaign later walked back Sununu's statement, sending out an email on his behalf calling Powell a "friend" and expressing "respect" for his decision.
"I do not doubt that it was based on anything but his support of the President's policies," Sununu said in the statement. "Piers Morgan's question was whether Colin Powell should leave the party, and I don't think he should."

Sununu suggests Colin Powell's Obama endorsement racially driven
5.jpg

Sununu, the former Republican governor of New Hampshire and the co-chair of the Romney campaign, downplayed the significance of the endorsement to CNN's Piers Morgan, and suggested Powell, a Republican who also endorsed Mr. Obama in 2008, had a "slightly different reason" for doing so than other prominent politicians.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-34222_1...in-powells-obama-endorsement-racially-driven/

Peace In,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back