Black Sports : Colin Kaepernick Isn’t Being Blackballed Because He Knelt for Anthem - Rule violates 1st Amendment

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +1,079
    The Dixie Chicks lead singer Natalie Maines decided to hold paying fans hostage in London with a diatribe against her take on the Iraq War being an illegally declared incursion into a sovereign country, that was clearly not a political rant, that was a verbal protest against her so-called version of another illegal war like the Vietnam conflict that JFK, not LBJ or America's ugliest president Richard Milhous Nixon inherited from the French. Bush was a side note with Iraq which started as an invasion long before war was declared. He also gave Saddam Hussein 30 days to capitulate before being attacked. Colin was and still is protesting the American law enforcement communities unilateral execution of Black men, women and worst yet children under the color of authority and many times under the most suspicious of circumstances with the burden of proof falling on the dead Blacks instead of the lawmen who escalate innocent situations into acts of the gravest extreme. That's the difference. Natalie was ranting to paying fans about her personal take on an agenda that could never effect her in any possible way but Colin is protesting the historical and still ongoing brutal application of the law which even "he" can fall victim to depending on where he is pulled over and possibly summarily executed for "DWB".

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,502
  3. Senegal

Senegal Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +601
    Well heres the problem. Youre debating from a "white boy" perspective. You have no experience or history with seeing Black people shut out, attacked, or monetarily punished because they started a movement. Your excuse that other Black players are not being punished is weak simply because if that were to occur that would be a blatant mistake on the part of the NFL and open them up to all kinds of law suits.

Racism here in the US morphs to comply with the laws. When it cant comply with the law, whites create new laws to continue their racism. When it was finally illegal to have slaves whites found a way around the law by using the provision in the very same 13th amendment that outlawed slavery to allowed slavery if a person is incarcerated.

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

So what happened? Massive amounts of Black people were imprisoned because they couldnt prove they had a job. Not only was this legal maneuvering accomplished it was recommended and announced by white law makers in order to re-enslave Blacks for work.

https://www.encyclopediavirginia.org/Vagrancy_Act_of_1866
    Vagrancy Act of 1866
    encyclopediavirginia.org

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  4. Sawyerloggingon

Sawyerloggingon Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +32
    Well here's the problem. You're debating from a "black boy perspective". You look for racism under every rock and find it where none exist. The NFL I'd 70% black and you would have to really have some serious racism detecting Superman glasses to find racism in this organization with all it's millionaire black players.
    Even you know this though and have to go back to 1866 to make some kind of point. What do you want for events that occurred 150 years ago? Repetitions? A monthly check for being black? A pillow to cry on? Maybe a white to kill? Only thing holding you down is your own victim mentality.

5. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +605
    Amazing, he thinks having money means you do not experience racism. He also thinks an organization that is owned and run by over 90% Whites can not be racists towards the workers if the majority of the workers are Black. Why waste your time arguing with this guy?

• True True x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  6. Senegal

United States
    Ratings:
    +601
    Well heres your problem. Your own white controlled SCOTUS has admitted that systemic racism exists so no one has to look under a rock for it. Is 2015 recently enough for you? I highlighted 1866 because I was showing the earliest example that I was aware of. The best predictor of the future is past behavior. The NFL is as racist an institution as there is. Poor white people like you dont get it though. These white owners make billions off their players. They can spare the operating costs just like slave owners did. Why are you asking me what I want? Dont deflect. Thats a white tactic or reaction to stress. Lets stick to the topic at hand. This is about Kap not what someone wants.

7. Sawyerloggingon

United States
    Ratings:
    +32
    Liberals on SCOTUS are not mine. The NFL is the most colorblind group in America. They see one color and that is green.

8. Senegal

United States
    Ratings:
    +601
    Youre proving with every post that the founding fathers view of how to manipulate poor whites was very effective.

9. Sawyerloggingon

United States
    Ratings:
    +32
    Typical leftist view of the founding fathers and I find it interesting you think I'm poor. I'm definitely not rich but I'm retired with a nice nest egg. I own my home that I built myself with lumber cut from my eighty acres. Own everything we have actually and we are getting packed up for a trip to the Grand Tetons after the labor day crowds go home. Far far from rich but living a nice life. How bout you? Doing OK in America? You know America, that country so many people want to get into because of the freedom and opportunity. Yes even black people come her for those very reasons.

10. Senegal

United States
    Ratings:
    +601
    Your views tell me youre poor and conservative. Its not my fault that you exhibit all the traits. Dont waste your time trying to convince me youre doing well. It wont work and besides its not really the topic.