Black People Politics : Colin Kaepernick Ends National Anthem Kneeling Protest

Liberty

BANNED
Aug 28, 2015
Dozens of Americans joined the athlete in the movement fighting racism, discrimination, police brutality and economic inequality.

Colin Kaepernick ended his kneeling protest against police brutality and will stand during the national anthem next season, reports ESPN.

From ESPN:

Kaepernick no longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change he believes has been created, sources told ESPN. He also said the amount of national discussion on social inequality — as well as support from other athletes nationwide, including NFL and NBA players — affirmed the message he was trying to deliver.

Read more

https://newsone.com/3685031/san-fra...em-kneeling-protest-against-police-brutality/

Dozens of Americans joined the athlete in the movement fighting racism, discrimination, police brutality and economic inequality.

Colin Kaepernick ended his kneeling protest against police brutality and will stand during the national anthem next season, reports ESPN.

From ESPN:

Kaepernick no longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change he believes has been created, sources told ESPN. He also said the amount of national discussion on social inequality — as well as support from other athletes nationwide, including NFL and NBA players — affirmed the message he was trying to deliver.

Read more

https://newsone.com/3685031/san-fra...em-kneeling-protest-against-police-brutality/
So what is the issue or question?

Not to speak for Kaep, but this was probably an attempt to remake his image...given that he was leaving the niners, and knew teams didn't like controversy surrounding incoming players. Obviously, it did not work. Had he rebuilt his stats on the field, it would have played more in his favor. As it is, teams (claim) to see an unproductive QB, who wants attention. At least, that's the excuse for not signing him. It will be interesting, given today's atmosphere surrounding that controversy, to see if he'll be picked up later in the season.

Baller, you don't believe Kap was being authentic when he kneeled? You think it was all fake?

My question would be, if someone believes so strongly about an injustice that they would risk a lot by kneeling when the national anthem is played, why would you stop kneeling before the issue is resolved and the injustice is dismantled? Drawing attention to an issue and starting people talking about it deserves long-term commitment until the acts of injustice are eradicated. (My opinion.)

NNQueen, that's not what I said. Yes, I think he was sincere in his protest. I also believe he realized that his career was going to suffer...and wanted to straighten the ship, if you will. When he began the protest, I don't think he thought it was going to effect his career in any negative way; the NFL doesn't have any rules around standing for the anthem. There was no reason for them to get upset because of what he did. However, when it became negative, in the press, he had to think about what that was going to do to his livelihood...especially, after SF.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back