Health and Wellness : Coffee's Mysterious Benefits Mount

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
Greetings Family...Peace In,

Coffee is one of my favorite drinks and has been for quite some time now, and I have shared this information with many people. Although this is not the first favorable report on the health benefits of drinking 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day, it is certainly one worth reading and applying:

Coffee's Mysterious Benefits Mount

Remy Melina
Staff Writer
LiveScience.com Remy Melina
staff Writer
livescience.com – Tue Jun 22, 5:45 pm ET

From lowered cancer risks to a sharper memory, more studies are showing that coffee is good for you - but why? Regular coffee drinkers have a 39 percent decreased risk of head and neck cancer, according to a new study published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. Those who drank an estimated four or more cups a day had significantly fewer cancers of the mouth and throat than non coffee drinkers, the study found.

"Coffee contains more than a thousand chemicals, some of which have antioxidant and antimutagenic activities," Mia Hashibe, assistant professor of medicine at the University of Utah and the study's lead researcher, told Life's Little Mysteries. "Further research is necessary to identify which ingredients in coffee are responsible for the results we observed in our study."

Your brain on coffee

Coffee may be good for the brain, too. A study earlier this year by neuroscientists at the University of Lisbon showed that drinking coffee can help to prevent the neural degeneration associated with brain disorders and aging. The scientists found that drinking up to four cups of coffee a day over a long period of time actually prevented the deterioration of memory.

Read more here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/coffeesmysteriousbenefitsmount

Last edited:

Blaklioness

Oct 30, 2005
Thank you for sharing this information. In a time where it is absolutely crucial that we assemble ourselves healthwise, every bit of information helps. Many foods which are potentially natural and have health benefits are often undermined by genetic engineering, chemical sabotage, and drowning in the 'white demons' of dairy and sugar. I look forward to learning more. Incidentally, here is a documentary on just this topic; it may stress the economic aspect of it, but it's still helpful to know a core continental source of where this drink stems, and may, even inadvertently, drop some health gems about it...we shall see:

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/black-gold/-1uOHVH2QHK4bIKNwyqCIw .

Coffee is one of my favorite drinks and has been for quite some time now, and I have shared this information with many people. Although this is not the first favorable report on the health benefits of drinking 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day, it is certainly one worth reading and applying:

Remy Melina
Staff Writer
staff Writer

From lowered cancer risks to a sharper memory, more studies are showing that coffee is good for you - but why? Regular coffee drinkers have a 39 percent decreased risk of head and neck cancer, according to a new study published in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. Those who drank an estimated four or more cups a day had significantly fewer cancers of the mouth and throat than non coffee drinkers, the study found.

"Coffee contains more than a thousand chemicals, some of which have antioxidant and antimutagenic activities," Mia Hashibe, assistant professor of medicine at the University of Utah and the study's lead researcher, told Life's Little Mysteries. "Further research is necessary to identify which ingredients in coffee are responsible for the results we observed in our study."

Your brain on coffee

Coffee may be good for the brain, too. A study earlier this year by neuroscientists at the University of Lisbon showed that drinking coffee can help to prevent the neural degeneration associated with brain disorders and aging. The scientists found that drinking up to four cups of coffee a day over a long period of time actually prevented the deterioration of memory.

Read more here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/coffeesmysteriousbenefitsmount

Conscious Plat

Feb 16, 2010
www.consciousplat.com

Remy Melina
Staff Writer
staff Writer

Your brain on coffee

I don't drink coffee but if this report is accurate then perhaps It's worth drinking a cup or two on a daily basis. However, it seems that reports often contradict themselves. I always heard that the caffeine in coffee was something to steer away from. I will follow your link and read more. Thanks for sharing a lil bit of health info in this thread. I will also include a link which opposes excessive coffee drinking.

http://www.naturalnews.com/012352_caffeine_coffee.html

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
STAFF
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
I'm not a coffee drinker always thought it had too much caffeine , didn't wanna become
addictive.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss:
Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart: