Black People : Codes, Laws and Acts

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldsoul, Nov 18, 2004.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    Codes, Laws and Acts

Code: a comprehensive and systematically arranged body of law.

Law: a rule of action or conduct established by authority, society or custom.

Act: the process of doing. Enactment: as a legislature. Enact: to make into law.

The united states of america
    has more codes, laws and acts
    than any country in the history of the world.
    The united states of america
    also has more laws, codes and acts
    about Black people
    than any country in the history of the world.

There is no history of justice in the united states of america.
    "Ignorance of the law is no excuse."

Click here for: Some history of codes, laws and acts in the united states of america

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother Keita, you bring great info to the forum, and I learn from it, as well as do others... I know your frustration, brother, as I have felt it from time to time... Brother OldSoul is a man who has encouraged me to keep my chin up, and continue to do what has to be done... His encouragement, as well as that of sister Destee, NNQueen, Pan, Manasiac, Rich, Carrie Monet, Deepy, and others, keeps me bouyant about bringing stuff to the board...

I can say without much hesitation, that I enjoyed reading this piece... Sure, it only serves to reinforce what we all say, but you know what, brother, that just means we stand in truth... Justice eventually makes it's rounds, and blesses those who stand in truth... It's all I need to get by, brother... Hang on in there, brother... Like you, I'm a cat just searching, wandering, and looking for a brighter day...

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  5. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Great Post Oldsoul

Thanks for the insight and enlightment. This is no surprise to me, I found the information very informative.

CHALLENGE!
    CHALLENGE HIM!
    CHALLENGE HER!
    ALWAYS CHALLEGE! ...Somebody.

I know the codes of every state have mandates written into them that call for specific performance in the allocation of tax funds. The process hasn’t been challenged by the overseers of our community. It may be those overseeing the benefits have sold out. I made it a mandate for each state I live in to familiarize myself with the state codes. In those codes I have found funds were allocated and specified to rebuild poor neighborhoods, yet the funds managed by the elected officials never trickle down to support those needs.

On one level, they fund street repairs and sewer upgrades. Some park renovations and some community programs. I have found they do enough for us to believe the city is working to take care of community needs. The funds are in reality misappropriated.

Pocketed by these officials and spent on other more affluent communities while they blind us with the two hand magic. Very good magicians, they have not fooled anyone. There is a practice of waving what’s in the left hand while the right hand is stealing us blind. Funds over the years haven’t been spent correctly. I found out cities can let the trees they planted tear up the side walk and then demand the home owner fix and pay for the repairs of said sidewalk. After the demand is made on the home owner, a lien is placed on your property and foreclosure is commenced with a short period of time to collect funds. Interest is added to the amount they charge you if they perform the repairs, but they will specify how and what materials can and cannot be used in said repairs. All the control and none of the responsibility is what we are getting. That is ridiculous.

State Statutes have to read and challenged. Codes have to be challenged. Laws should be challenged. California Law consists of 29 codes, covering various subject areas. Writing a mayor and city council about the lack of street lighting, police protection and neighborhood renovations have to become a normal and extremely practiced process.

They get the funds on property taxes and do what with it?

Buy more service vehicles that do not perform service, more shovels that never dig in the right places, leaf pick-up equipment, street cleaning machines, bug abatement trucks, and then turn around and place the burden back on us by getting a tax write off of the things we paid for to begin with. Loop, :kick: catch 22 here folks!

They get the funds for schools thru these taxes and do what with it?

Closing schools, bath rooms and janitorial needs cut back, they don't supply pens and pencils, paper or rulers. Buying coffee and things leather coaches for the teachers lounges, cutting back on after schol activities, and sports :kickball: that children would participate in and stay off the streets.
    Eliminated music programs. Track and field events.

( It is a well known fact that children especially boys need strenuous activities to do, like hiking, ball, and stuff to burn off the testosterone to keep them from exercising that energy into something non-productive )

I have been a home owner for over twenty years and paid many taxes when I didn’t have children, I paid these taxes and my children didn’t attend public schools. Year after year those taxes have increased. On average I have to pay over $3,500 a year just for my property taxes. That is nothing to take for granted.

I have bought me a home somewhere, and won't ever get to live in it or rent it out.

I have paid, my parents have paid, you have paid and we are being short changed constantly.
    =================
    STREETS AND HIGHWAYS CODE

18030. Whenever in the opinion of the city council of any city the
    public interest or convenience may require, that body may do one or
    more of the following:

(a) Order any street lighting system to be maintained in or along
    the whole or any part of any one or more of the streets in such city.

(b) Order electric current or energy, gas, or other illuminating
    agent to be furnished for such street lighting system.
    For any of the purposes expressed in subdivision (a) or (b) of
    this section, the city council may determine and declare the district
    to be benefited by any such improvement and fix the exterior
    boundaries thereof and assess, either partly or wholly, the costs and
    expenses (including all incidental expenses) of such improvement, or
    of any one or more of the items thereof, upon the lands in the
    district.

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Codes, Laws and Acts

Created by Euro-white society and accepted by Blacks.

Cedric Denson