Black People : CNN was WRONG!!!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by will-he-write, Apr 4, 2008.

1. will-he-write

will-he-write Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27
    Last night CNN aired a special on Dr. King's assassination and they left the viewing public with the impression that James Earl Ray was the lone assassin. It dealt very little with role of the u.s. government in the murder. It did not mention at all the government informants that was around him everyday. The program was very inconclusive and in my view disrespectful towards the spirit of Dr. King, his family and all who loved him!!!!

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    no you're wrong

CNN did it's job to keep the lie ALIVE

i say they did a great job

lol

but of course i'm feeling your angle

and hope you feel my sarcasm

lol

3. SPEAKFREEDOMnet

SPEAKFREEDOMnet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +147
    EXACTLY!!!

Who ever controls the land (state i.e media) has the power to dictate the propaganda fed to the people. We should not act so suprised when our stories are distorted by our opressor.

The proper response would be to break free from the colony, get control of our own land, then we would have the power to tell our own stories. :weights:

Uhuru! (freedom)

"If I could have convinced more slaves that they were slaves, I could have freed thousands more"-Harriet Tubman (1820-1913)

4. will-he-write

Ratings:
    +27
    Yeah Street So'ja i see where u coming from. Lol!! And you are correct SPEAKFREEDOMnet we have to develop our own media.

Did we know that the night of the asassination an order came down within the Memphis city government to cut down the bushes before sunrise? The same bushes that Solomon Jones is quoted by the New York Times April 5,1968 to have seen somebody in at the time of the shooting!!! Why was that?

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Earlier in the day CNN had an interview with Ray's brother and an author of a book on Ray who are saying Ray was set-up and plea bargained but he was innocent of King's assassination.

6. will-he-write

Ratings:
    +27

Ray was set up. The King family stated that they did not believe that Ray killed Martin Luther King Jr.. To get a accurate shot off from the rooming house window (where the government says that Ray shot King from) the butt of the rifle would have to be several inches into the wall. That is for a left-handed shooter..........Ray was right-handed!!!

7. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    cnn was wrong...

if you look at the political assassinations of the sixties[the kennedys-martin-malcolm]these men's fates were tied together in that the powers that really run this country actually realized that these four couldn't be bought[the kennedys]or scared[mlk-malcolm]into going along with the status qoe,which is[don't make waves and keep your mouth shut]but they wouldn't so they had to be silenced,four murders in a five year span and they all were the work of lone gunmen[give me a break]and all these years later the government still is pushing this lie.

8. will-he-write

Ratings:
    +27
    it is to be expected for the government to lie that's what they do. What bothers me is black people's not really trying to find out what happened to Malcolm X and Martin King attitude. We seem to be on that "it was a sad day but we will keep their families in our prayers," not understanding that because we didn't investigate Malcolm's murder they did it again with Martin. Then they did it again with Fred Hampton. And so on and so on. It will continue to happen until we get the COURAGE to protect our own.

9. torch

torch Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    The Hypocracy of white society

I love how the white media blares how much they loved MLK Jr and when he was alive they called him a terrorist, communist, radical etc..another thing the media doesnt focus on...

10. will-he-write

Ratings:
    +27

That's right!!! The media hated him especially when he publicly spoke out against the war in vietnam (April 4, 1967). Many of his associates dis-owned him because they felt he was starting trouble.