Black People : CNN ''Blacks in America''

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by hiphopolx, Jul 24, 2008.

1. hiphopolx

hiphopolx Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +209
  2. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    I saw a piece of this show and I didn't like it. They telling you what its like to be black in america and they have the same speakers that come on rountable discussions on BET and say a bunch of nonsense. The same AIDS spokesperson that comes on and talks, the same brother coming out telling how hard it is to get a job, and the same upper class person that comes out and tells how hard it is to be black in an upper class white community. The same briefing that we always get. I don't expect much from CNN though or T.V. in general.

Just my take.. lol

3. DARKSIDE MAGICK

DARKSIDE MAGICK Well-Known Member MEMBER

SORCERER
    Ratings:
    +674
    CHAOS

SAME OLE GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!
    SETTING U UP FOR THE ATTACK!!!

4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    They didnt have a crossection of people. When are we going to see successful people? :wine: And they arent a minority!

5. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    True indeed.......it never changes. Its the same thing every year. Same people, same topics, different place.

6. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Such violence. LOL

7. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Too Negative

and very conservative in it's commentaries. I watched all three parts, and would keep it in a collection for future references because it ignites a good discussion and tests awareness levels for those watching it together. I felt it gave room for discussion but didn't even being to touch the surface of many of the subjects.

When discussing the absence of fathers in the home, or failure of Black men and womben to marry and form stable families, that alone could be directly traced to the psychological inheritance of slavery, yet it wasn't fairly dealt with.

Here again, Amerikkka loves to talk about MLK, who I respect in his own right, but thrives on ignoring the success and work of Malcolm and other pro-black activists were are not in favor of integration. This I expect, but it still peeves me off.

I am surprised that the mouth swab test is used to identify HIV, in the province I live in HIV testing is only done through blood, and takes 5 - 7 days to get back. I can't see how a mouth swab is reliable, which is probably why the rate of false positives is so prevalent.

I agree with Tyab about being set up for attack. I felt the discussion of HIV infection rates to be a disasterous marketing tool about the appeal of Black womben, it seems to be another mark towards ensuring an undesirable listing in society.

I do wish I had Soledad's opportunity to interview people. I would have liked to ask the successful Blacks on the show why they migrated into hostile white environments rather than deal with hostile Black environments.

Is it the internal terrorism against successful Black communities so ingrained that we have surrendered our will of self-reliance out of fear of reprisal?

This is rather amazing to me, that as Black people we are more afraid of one another than the predator that enslaved us.... Like Renee Cox the artist and political activist stated, the White race has all the marketing!

It is also interesting to me, that in this day and age, the relationships between Black and other melanin-rich peoples isn't discussed, only the polarity between Black and White.

My mother raised the question as to whether this would have even appeared if Obama wasn't running for President?

Anyways, I don't get BET, and only see cable when I'm over visiting family. For the majority of TV shown in this province, 98% of it is white programming, so it was enjoyable to see something that pertained to the Brothers and Sisters south of the border.

It angers me so much to hear Black conservatives / republicans talk about racism as if it's just an accidental by-product. Some of the comments made had me shaking my head, wondering how much mis-education these folks actually had to come out so very biased against the realities of being Black in America.

Crime is not crime, because justice does not prevail. So the proponents of incarceration for criminals who do not believe race to be the driving force behind the penal industry are either deliberately ignorant or paid traitors.
    Just last week or so, there was a pop magazine showing Hollywood party moms binge drinking and having very bad public records of behavior, asking if motherhood had rehabilitated them. When the rich white kids get addictions they receive rehab and concern, anyone else goes to jail and loses their future - that's not justice, its criminalization and institutionalized slavery.

Anyways that's my rant on this series.

8. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Obama mania has turned every day into Black history. Sounds like someone got their wish. We have to ask who is CNN educating with this series anyway?
    Those in "the know" already know what's going on here.

I did find a few pieces interesting. In one segment a Brotha mentions a new theory about why Blacks have such high level of blood pressure and hypertension, he suggested that it's because White slave Masters figured out that the Blacks with the most salt in their skin were able to survive the passage across the Atlantic.

This theory could be true if Blacks have indeed managed to continue a diet that sustains their salt sensitive genes. And that we have not mixed enough with other Blacks, native americans etc., that did not have these traits.

Another interesting segment involved the relationship between crack cocaine, the dealers the users and those who end up incarcerated. We must ask ourselves why is crack "still a problem?" Obviously because it's still making someone a ton of money and it is helping to create jobs for the White middle class- cops, judges, lawyers etc., feeding an entire system of bureaucracy and social engineering- realities that are hardly mentioned on Time Warner controlled CNN.

No one will dare tell the Millions of Whites watching this program- this is basically how you guys are kept in power. It is the end all for all equations and questions asked on this program. This is how Whites are kept in power.

The solution for most of these problems boils down to mental health. It's no coincidence that Whites do not want allot of Blacks in the mental health fields. A Brotha on the program also mentioned that he wanted to become a Psychologist and a Teacher talked him out of it. I remember Don Cheadle mentioned the same thing, a Teacher talked him out of becoming a Psychologist. A White Teacher talked me out of it also. I'm willing to bet there is a very long line of Black folks in America who wanted to go into the mental health field and were talked out of it by their White professors or counselors. Why do we think that is? Just about every issue in Black America boils down to the condition of our minds. The Ancestors already know this and have pushed many of us towards this field, or at least tried to get us to understand that we should "own" our own minds as well as our bodies. It's possible that even hypertension is a mental health issue.

This Sistah makes some good points....

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    twas some garbage...
    it was enough info for a surface dweller...
    but for those that dig a lil deeper it was unsatisfactory...
    much like cnn and fox...
    so i guess i can't be that mad....

one love
    khasm

10. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    Good post!

I've read many of your threads and I must say I admire your thought process and conscious observations, brother Meta Science. Keep spreading the knowledge.

So CNN is doing a series on black people in America - not people in general in America - but black people? Hmmm. One must ask what is the agenda other than the obvious?

I read several different newspapers everyday. When I get home from work I tune into the local and national cable news outlets. That being said no other race of people are profiled more in popular media than black people. CNN could have decidedly chose to do a series on the general population demographics regardless of race but selectively chose black people as the headliner. Does this not raise eyebrows? Like you said brother MT the timing is suspicous.

The frequent intrusion into the black social lifestyle by the white corporate media should be vigorously questioned? How often do any of us read in the media "White Women: Why their fertility rates are abysmal," or "Asian women submissive to Asian men"? We never see this. Personal or social discrepancies between white, Asian or Hispanic people is low priority. However, statical differences between black people always appears to have top priority.

White corporate media (coupled with a handful of black shills like Larry Elders) are baiting so-called feuds between black men and women. When a self-hating, anti-black S.O.B. such as Ward Connerly speaks on affirmative action and why black people should drop the word African from the census, the media eagerly gives these bastards plenty of air time. Unfortunately some of us have fallen into a slumber to really comprehend whats truly is going on here. Which brings me to Oprah and the Essence magazine article I recall a few years back.

Although I don't want to engage in a pissing contest over Oprah, I can say with certainty the few times I grudgingly watched Oprah's show I don't recall her ever portraying black people in a positive light. It's always drama-based. To expound a little, the white corporate media along with Oprah have a mission which is to make white people feel obligated and comfortable with the system of racial hierarchy in this country. This is the objective. Even if this means berating black people, particularly black men, in one form or another on a national stage - like Obama's foul antics on Fathers Day. I believe the media and Oprah zeros in on the negative when pertaining to black men, i.e., black men on the down low, black men chasing after loose white women, black men addicted to drugs so on and so forth. It's my understanding Oprah and the media apply far too many racial double standards when attributing particular circumstance to black people. For example, if a white person does something foul Oprah will just call it what it is and move on. She wont make a federal case out of it. However if a black person does something Oprah and the white media has the compulsive need to pathologize it, analyze it, showcase it, find out what's wrong with black people, the black man, the black woman, the black family, the black community, etc. However whites are not assigned the burden of representing their entire race because of a few bad examples. Therein lies Oprah and the media's contempt and double-standard of black people. Now, Oprah can prove me wrong while snubbing the white establishment by opening an all black boys school in South Africa. Where's the all boys school? Or does Oprah believe half the equation for a successful South Africa does not include black boys? Somebody please check this woman.

I work around a few white people all day. I understand how they think and their modus operandi - and why they do the things they do. Never do whites function without a means to an end - whether it be subliminal or overt. This news series "Black In America" is being sold as an "educational" tool targeting black people. However, I believe the motive is nothing less than a biased effort to further embarrass and divide black people apart. Until I see the Rupert Murdoch media disseminate the same profile of white people and other groups in their private affairs as often as they do with blacks, then perhaps I would think differently.

One last thought. I glad you brought up the crack cocaine issue, brother Meta Science. I do recall reading eather being a key ingredient for processing cocaine. Cocaine can not be made without eather. This country is the number one exporter of eather to Columbia. We all know what Columbia exports. If Amerikkka truly wanted to eradicate crack cocaine in our neighborhoods they would pass legislation to stop U.S. companies from producing eather and sending it to Columbia for processing. Like I said, white folks always have an M.O. and a means to an end - whether subliminal or overt.

Anyway, I have to get outta here. Thanks for your time and have a pleasant weekend.

Peace.