CLOSE DOWN THIS THREAD FOR LACK OF SUPPORT...

Discussion in 'Honoring Black Ancestors' started by Isaiah, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Destee, go ahead, chastise me for saying this, but this thread should be closed down for the lack of support it receives - and so should the culture thread... It shows me that Africans in America really don't give two cents worth a **** about our ancestors, nor our culture... We don't and we wont even bother to search it out unless it's delivered to us on a damned silver platter, and even then all we do is pick at it...

I am filled with a sense of sadness you cannot believe... Folks do go out of their way to bring topics of information to the board, and that is not titilating enough for folks... We're more apt to wanna know who Kobe's sleepin' with now, than about Africans whose memory's we should be cherishing... They died for this bunch in vain as far as I'm concerned...

Peace!
    isaiah

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Brother Isaiah, I have to run to a couple of meetings but I disagree with you that this forum and cultural forum should be shut down. Don't assume that because people aren't posting that they aren't reading. I am an avid reader but I haven't posted much here. I'm a student, Brother Isaiah, not always a teacher. I'm learning and appreciating the information I find here. If it comes down to a vote as to whether to close these forums, please know in advance that I will vote for them to remain open.

You have my support Brother....
    Queenie :spinstar:

3. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Brother I, I have posted some historical stuff on here and have felt the same way. However I must say this:

Don't people have a right to read and post where they want?

Just because a person is a member of the Diaspora does not mean he has to read and post on every single thread on the Ancestors and Culture board. Maybe some of our members get their information from other sources?

I think maybe we ought to consider another way of presentation to garner more interest in these two forums.

4. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    No one can learn if the information isn't here, this is akin to closing a library because not enough people check out books. Let the information stay and people will seek it out when they are ready!

5. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    My sentiments exactly.

6. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15

I'm sorry you feel this way.

Let me just say this.

There are days when my job is hectic and when I come on this site on those days I look for things that will brighten/lighten my mood. That means I avoid topics that are arguementive or things that seem so serious it will bring my mood down.

I believe I have posted on this thread at times that I've run across information that I felt was not repetative.

I've enjoyed reading the things you've posted Isaiah, but that comment you made is a little harsh.

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Truely they are very helpful and both teaching me History and deeper
    some things i didn't know and couldn't answer due to lack of full understanding
    or knowledge these forums enlighten me and teach what i lack in we need
    them and the truth of wisdom to remain so not only members like me can
    learn but set forth our children to these forums so they understand and learn

never remove valuable information from the eyes of the readers many do visit
    and read just without replying back i have took time to read every post just didn't
    reply as of yet......

Don't flip the script on the minds of many but allow time for the break through
    and watch how we become as a whole unity and understand don't fly by night
    but in time my brutha your information hold a value to the community .

POWER TO THE PEOPLE ....where you teach here i teach it poeticlly :read:

8. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Sisters Carrie and NNQUEEN, and Brothers PanAfrica and Manasiac, I was not directing these comments at any of you, as I know you ALL to support the things posted in both these threads... If you feel offended in any way by what I said, I apologize, as it was not directed at you personally...

However, I have the justifiable right to feel disheartened as I look on these threads, and see that not a soul has responded to them... That is not about me, as I see quite a many threads that no one even feels a sense of the desire to comment at all... I feel, hey, why even bother... I can talk about Lebron's new sneakers, too... No Prob, if that is what tittilates people... I am just being real here...

BTW, Manasiac, this is a different way of presenting the information... It is a cry from the wilderness for Africans to move away from the nonsense, so that we can do what must be done... The study of history and culture is a discipline, and right now, Africans aint got it... Its right here at our fingertips... Something to whet our appetite for learning, and we don't seem to want it... I'm just saying that you got to want education... If you don't want education and enlightenment then lawd I know what your babies are gone be like... That's scary...

Peace!
    isaiah

9. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Excellent point!

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,869
    Brother Isaiah, yes you have the right to feel disheartened if you think members don't appreciate the value of this information. I'm not sure though that I would confine my assessement of that to only people who are posting.

If you've lost faith in the people, Brother Isaiah, then at least maintain your faith in your work and what you are trying to do. To give up will defeat the purpose of these threads. At least that's my opinion. Think of your ancestors...our ancestors, to whom you are paying homage to. Where would we be if they had given up on us and not believed in us? The reason is far more important than a few individuals don't you think?

Queenie :swim:
    Keep swimming because to stop means you'll either drown or be eaten by sharks!