Science and Technology : Cloned Meat - Have You Eaten Any?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Destee, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Have you eaten any cloned meat?

That thick, sizzling, delicious steak, cooked to perfection, dripping with cow juice ... are you sure it wasn't a clone?

I was watching this old Kat Williams show, and the cloned meat reference / skit came up, and i was like ... what da hizzle ... :censored: ... i don't remember hearing anything about this, but would not be surprised if there are posts here at destee about it already ... (as i often miss the good stuff shared here, and we have a little sump'n on most every topic, and i didn't do a search here before posting this) ... but here i am ... posting a new thread demonstrating my shock and surprise ... along with Kat's video and a couple links / info about this topic.

** edit ** ... this has been discussed ... in this thread and this one ... :look:

What is cloning?

Cloning is the newest and most complex form of assisted reproductive technology, and has been around for more than 20 years in various forms. The form used most frequently today is known as Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer, or SCNT. With SCNT, the genes of the donor animal are inserted into an egg cell that has had its nucleus removed, and after a few steps in the lab is implanted into a surrogate dam where it develops just like any other embryo. (Dam is a term that livestock breeders use to refer to the female parent of an animal.)

Would food from clones be labeled?

No. FDA is not requiring any additional measures relating to food derived from adult clones of cattle, swine, and goats, and the offspring of clones of any species traditionally consumed as food, including labeling. Under our current laws, FDA may require specific food labeling if there are any safety concerns, or if there is a material difference in the composition of food. We have not identified any food safety concerns, and we have found no material difference in food from clones as compared to food from conventionally bred animals. For example, FDA scientists found that the milk components from dairy clones were of the same type and present in the same amounts as milk sold every day. Therefore, there is no science-based reason to use labels to distinguish between milk derived from clones and that from conventional animals. Should a producer express a desire for voluntary labeling (e.g., "this product is clone-free"), it will be considered on a case-by-case basis to ensure compliance with statutory requirements that labeling be truthful and not misleading.

They Want You to Eat Cloned Meat–and They Don’t Want You to Know It

Nine out of ten clones don’t even make to birth; many that do, die soon afterwards. A few do grow up and superficially appear normal, but experts suggest that they never really are. MIT’s Rudolf Jaenisch put it succinctly in Time last year:

"If you reprogram, it affects the whole genome. From what we know, I would argue that cloned animals cannot be normal. They can be closer to normal, but not normal."

But by the FDA’s proposed rules, if a cloned animal looks OK to a farmer, then that marketable asset can be milked, mated or slaughtered without further concern. If it looks seriously ill, then it is subject to current regulations, but no more than that. And the offspring of cloned livestock mated with normal partners are assumed — note, assumed — to be healthy.

:heart:

Destee

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Um....If the FDA isn't requiring labeling meats as cloned then there is no way me knowing...So I cannot answer this questions...But if I had, it was delicious...unless my mother cooked it.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

lol @ unless my mother cooked it ... bad :krazee: ... :spank: ... :love:

yeah ... that's so krazee ... we problee eat'n it and don't even know ... :puke:

sump'n 'bout that just don't seem rite

we do have options ... we can stop eat'n meat altogether ... or grow our own cows ... i reckon ... :thinking:

Destee

4. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    'K....Good luck with that!

But if you do decide to grow your own livestock you won't be able to sell the meat or milk to how you see fit.
    I was watching a documentary on how the FDA is trying to regulate small Organic farmers from selling their grown foods. Those who don't comply are getting shut down.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Yeah ... the options aren't getting easier, that's for sure ... our ability to feed our own selves has been disappearing for generations ... i remember reading / hearing Marcus Garvey speak on this ... our inability to feed our own selves ... and all of the regulations of today, would certainly make that more difficult now, than even during his time ... and he spoke on how easy it would be for them to kill us all off by starvation during his day. Yep ... no easy solutions / alternatives ... but as difficult as they are now ... i don't believe it's gonna get any better later ... we have our work cut out for us.

In the Kat Williams video above he says the following ... so so funnee to me ... :rofl:

the cloned meat is delicious ... they put the garlic in the cow as a baby, you don't even gotta season it ... it just grow up garlicy and delicious ... the cloned meat is gonna be cheap ... went to mcdonald's and got McClone Combo for 19 cent ... it had 11 big macs in it ... it was wonderful ... :lol:

It makes me think of all these dollar burgers that are so available in our neighborhoods.

They're almost giving them away ... to us ... could it be ... cloned meat?

Love You!

Destee

6. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Yup I have that video at home...He's funny talking about your baby is gonna have a horn...

Well we shouldn't just be concerned with just cloned meat...because even the animals that we eat are all subject to question outside of being possibly cloned.

How they fatten their animals, and how they house their animals is also a huge concern.

A lot of animals are corn fed to fatten them up. They are housed in tight spaces unable to move around...literally stacked on top of one another. So fat they are unable to walk.

If you ever get a chance, watch Food, Inc....it's available on Netflix

7. MsInterpret

Ratings:
    +5,447
    This is what they want you to believe about cloned animal meats.