Black People Politics : Cliven Bundy Just Ruined His Cause

In the Spirit of Update,

... They all think this way:facepalm:

Seething hate even Fox News can’t deny: Cliven Bundy is not an outlier
There should be no surprise here: GOP thinking is that government "free stuff" is a form of slavery
ARTHUR GOLDWAG

bundy_hannity-620x412.jpg

Cliven Bundy, Sean Hannity (Credit: Reuters/Steve Marcus/AP/Dr. Scott M. Lieberman)

No, all right wingers are not racists, but if you open your ears and listen to what the fringe hate groups that even the likes of Sean Hannity and Fox News can’t deny are racist are saying, if you take the time to read some of their broadsides and books (and especially their footnotes and bibliographies), you would realize two things.

First, that that there is a not-so-golden thread running through American history that connects a certain brand of White Protestant Supremacism with a broad trend of rural populism.

Second, that a lot of modern mainstream Republican wisdom comes down to pretty much exactly what Cliven Bundy said—
that a dependence on the “free stuff” that the government hands out is just a more insidious form of slavery.

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/26/see...ews_cant_deny_cliven_bundy_is_not_an_outlier/

In the Spirit of Update,

Bill Maher Calls Out Republicans For Supporting Cliven Bundy

Bill Mayer always hits the spot! :toast:

But what I'm really liking is that FOR ONCE sooooo many people are in sync with MY way of thinking! :lol: The first thing I picked up on was this free-loader (talking about people like himself in blackface?) having the audacity to say elderly black folk and kids "standing in a doorway in the PJs" were on welfare! Oh, uh, this free-loading thief!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back