Black People Politics : Cliven Bundy Just Ruined His Cause

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Racism,

:facepalm:

Cliven Bundy Just Ruined His Cause
    After Bundy's overtly racist remarks, let's see how far politicians run away from him.

[​IMG]

The New York Times has overheard Cliven Bundy—the Nevada rancher who, instead of paying decades of overdue grazing fees, met the Bureau of Land management with guns and a small militia—saying this:

"I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro," he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, "and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn't have nothing to do. They didn't have nothing for their kids to do. They didn't have nothing for their young girls to do.

"And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?" he asked. "They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I've often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn't get no more freedom. They got less freedom."

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/cliven-bundy-just-ruined-his-cause-20140424

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    :wow:

Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

[​IMG]

Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy speaks with a supporter (Reuters)

Less than a week ago, Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy's standoff with federal authorities over unpaid grazing fees was treated as political gold by some conservative politicians and media personalities. The figure of the rugged Westerner standing up to armed agents of the state seemed a perfect opportunity to highlight long-standing complaints about the size and scope of the federal government.

But stories showing Bundy in a less flattering light exploded on Thursday after he was quoted in a New York Times profile questioning whether African-Americans were better off as slaves.

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” Bundy said during one of his daily press conferences. “ecause they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do? They abort their young children; they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

http://news.yahoo.com/cliven-bundy-...s---that-s-exactly-what-i-said-192309857.html

3. JuneBugg

JuneBugg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +247
    :mad:
    This bigot and the rest of them right wingers miss is the pink elephant in the living room POINT is that .... SLAVERY WAS GOVERNMENT SUBSIDY for over 400 years!:mad:

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    Yup!

5. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    I heard this on NPR while driving from work today... smdh

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Yep, its been full coverage all day today on mainstream media ... its something else ... :facepalm:

7. CSmith

CSmith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +213
    I'm sorry, but I've been laughing about this all day, because I seen this coming a LONG time ago. Now FOX News can't distance itself from it, they've made him into a hero of the Right-Wing. Pwahhahahahh!~ .................Hahahhahhhaha!

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Funny as hell ... :rofl:

9. CSmith

CSmith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +213
    The funniest quote ever (some might not think it's funny but I thought it was hilarious). Was when this white SOB said, "Let me tell you what I know about the Negro".

LOL! Yeah, tell us what you know...we'll wait.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

yup :rofl: