Pan Africanism : Clichy's 'les miserables'

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Nov 5, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4408972.stm

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    There are two major points I want to highlight in this article. The first is how can Europe continue to be looked on as the "promised land" when it is obvious that Blacks as a whole will face racism and discrimination there. It should be apparent the emmigration is not Africa's answer. Africa must sever its ties to Europe, and reconstruct its social, political, and economic system.

The second point (which I will address in another thread as well) was the observation that African & Arabic women face less job discrimination than men. I have long suspected that the mostly white male controlled work force is trying to systematically disrupt relations between black men and women. This is done by turning black men down for jobs, and hiring black women instead. Black men are turned down for jobs in favor of black women irregardless of their educational background or experience. The result of this is two fold: (1). It reduces the ability of black men to provide for themselves and their families. This in turn negatively affects relations between black men and women. (2). It gives white males greater access to black women.

3. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    You are very much on point. We need to develop ourselves and its good that people are becoming aware of this howbeit through hard and painful lessons.