Black People : cleveland-shooters-family-publicly-disowns-him

And I know people in the real world who ain't cool with that, "I get to tell you how to feel 'cause we the same color" behavior.

Everyone reacts differently to tragedy. Black people seem to think we're the ones who need to all feel the same exact way when something happens to someone from our community.

If someone else forgives an act of violence that you yourself don't forgive, how's that affecting you? If you don't want to be associated with them, everyone's free to speak their mind. I see people do it a lot.

What's tiring to hear is when others imply it's the white man who taught us to forgive as if it's not something natural to do as a human being, all on our own. The white man didn't give us our feelings; he ain't start this ish, and he ain't the end of it; he ain't the first and only reason why any individual black person wants to forgive or be angry or whatever. I don't see why black folk can't let other black folk be.
Peace,

You don't seem to be at all concerned about the environment in which you speak. The is a black, progressive and in many ways rebellious forum. We are all about addressing the concerns and needs of black folks.......unapologetically. Pacifism has already been tried. Dr. King was a patriarch in that regard. He died for it. Most of us are past that and for those who aren't I'll give them a travel ticket so they can get on board.

There are those who want to let people be...... I get it. I ain't one of them. As the true and living God of the universe, it's my job to give correction to those in need of it. It's not a job for everyone and I get that also.

If someone else forgives an act of violence that you yourself don't forgive, how's that affecting you? If you don't want to be associated with them, everyone's free to speak their mind. I see people do it a lot.

I hope you see the contradiction in that. You're either a lousy pacifist or you don't understand the concept of "everyone's free to speak their mind." If that's what you think then you're in no position to be giving people correction.

What's tiring to hear is when others imply it's the white man who taught us to forgive as if it's not something natural to do as a human being, all on our own.

If white people getting ragged on bothers you, you might be in the wrong place because it happens here a lot. If this concept of forgiveness is so natural why is there so much religious propaganda about the concept? Why do I have to read books about a concept that is supposed to be written in my DNA? Hmmmmmmmmmmm........ Here's a concept that is very natural...... SELF PRESERVATION! My self preservation at times is at odds with forgiveness and the older I get the less grace I have for people who cross me.

Peace

What's tiring to hear is when others imply it's the white man who taught us to forgive as if it's not something natural to do as a human being, all on our own. The white man didn't give us our feelings; he ain't start this ish, and he ain't the end of it; he ain't the first and only reason why any individual black person wants to forgive or be angry or whatever. I don't see why black folk can't let other black folk be.
you have heard of stockholm syndrome, right ????

You don't seem to be at all concerned about the environment in which you speak.

Wrong, but okay. Believe how you want.

There are those who want to let people be...... I get it. I ain't one of them.

Ah, I see.
As the true and living God of the universe, it's my job to give correction to those in need of it

Lol, stop.

I hope you see the contradiction in that. You're either a lousy pacifist or you don't understand the concept of "everyone's free to speak their mind." If that's what you think then you're in no position to be giving people correction.

Or maybe you're lousy at comprehension. I don't believe it's your place to tell others how to feel and react to tragedy nor to chastise them for not feeling the exact same as you when these things happen, but you're still allowed to speak your mind. I didn't say you weren't allowed to do that.

If white people getting ragged on bothers you, you might be in the wrong place because it happens here a lot.

Yeah, real lousy comprehension. How is owning our emotions, saying we are in charge of how we feel, and that white people have no part in that... the same as being bothered about white people getting ragged on? :10800: Hint: It's not.

If this concept of forgiveness is so natural why is there so much religious propaganda about the concept?

It's not propaganda. People go against what's natural all of the time; so we often have to be reminded what's normal and what isn't in this corrupt and abnormal world.

Here's a concept that is very natural...... SELF PRESERVATION! My self preservation at times is at odds with forgiveness and the older I get the less grace I have for people who cross me.

Self-preservation? Lol, mortals.

Will disturb their own peace for someone who didn't bring about their beginning, but always harping on as if they can prevent their own end.

But hey, do what ya gotta do.

you have heard of stockholm syndrome, right ????

Yes, and? If you think we're so defeated, what's even the point anymore. White people own the world, all the money, and even our feelings, it seems. :rolleyes:

Do you stalk me on here, btw. You always, always got som'n to say about what I'm saying, elder James. :lol:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back