Black Education / Schools : CLEP: Get One Year of College Credit for $1380!!!

Louise Cosper

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2018
I am very appreciative for the educator that informed me about CLEP. Because of CLEP I was able to get transferable college credit for $92 for a 3-6 credit hour class! This program has been around for many years, but I find that most students know nothing about it!

College-bound students can CLEP almost all of the general requirements, even while they are still in high school. Imagine how much money can be saved, and students who are economically limited should be able to earn enough money to afford CLEP. I tried to get my daughters to study for and take the CLEP tests after they had taken high school classes that covered similar course material as college classes, for example: English, History, Algebra, etc. (They didn't always listen to me.) When I taught in High School, as a sub, my students DID listen to me!

Recently, I've been trying to get one of our 19-year-old church youth to CLEP some courses and apply to college. And, I've made him aware of a Work-Study College (College of the Ozarks) that is looking for black students who are smart, motivated, goal-orientated and willing to work. (In fact, there are other similar work-study colleges in other places across the nation.) I'm really upset, at the moment that this youth is not following up on the opportunity. He has been working hard at a manufacturing company for $12/hour, living with his uncle and was able to buy his first car. I guess he just not serious enough about taking advantage of the opportunities available, but he does love his car!

I do want to say how much I admire his uncle. This nephew had been regularly in trouble. The uncle took him in and has tried to encourage him to be all he can be. The uncle himself (black) was from a limited income background and now has an MA in Technology. Recently, the uncle was downsized out of a company he had been working for. He put his resume on the internet job sites and began to pursue another job, and had 5 job offers from big companies, nationwide. We are very happy that he took a local job.

I encourage you and your students to go to the CLEP website to find out what you need to do. Also, search for work-study schools. (Obviously, though, the work-study schools only have limited space, so your student needs to get serious about homework and grades.)

One more thing: There are a lot of community college 2-Year degrees that can make lead to a great income. Everyone doesn't need a 4-6 year degree.

I am very appreciative for the educator that informed me about CLEP. Because of CLEP I was able to get transferable college credit for $92 for a 3-6 credit hour class! This program has been around for many years, but I find that most students know nothing about it!

College-bound students can CLEP almost all of the general requirements, even while they are still in high school. Imagine how much money can be saved, and students who are economically limited should be able to earn enough money to afford CLEP. I tried to get my daughters to study for and take the CLEP tests after they had taken high school classes that covered similar course material as college classes, for example: English, History, Algebra, etc. (They didn't always listen to me.) When I taught in High School, as a sub, my students DID listen to me!

Recently, I've been trying to get one of our 19-year-old church youth to CLEP some courses and apply to college. And, I've made him aware of a Work-Study College (College of the Ozarks) that is looking for black students who are smart, motivated, goal-orientated and willing to work. (In fact, there are other similar work-study colleges in other places across the nation.) I'm really upset, at the moment that this youth is not following up on the opportunity. He has been working hard at a manufacturing company for $12/hour, living with his uncle and was able to buy his first car. I guess he just not serious enough about taking advantage of the opportunities available, but he does love his car!

I do want to say how much I admire his uncle. This nephew had been regularly in trouble. The uncle took him in and has tried to encourage him to be all he can be. The uncle himself (black) was from a limited income background and now has an MA in Technology. Recently, the uncle was downsized out of a company he had been working for. He put his resume on the internet job sites and began to pursue another job, and had 5 job offers from big companies, nationwide. We are very happy that he took a local job.

I encourage you and your students to go to the CLEP website to find out what you need to do. Also, search for work-study schools. (Obviously, though, the work-study schools only have limited space, so your student needs to get serious about homework and grades.)

One more thing: There are a lot of community college 2-Year degrees that can make lead to a great income. Everyone doesn't need a 4-6 year degree.

Thanks for sharing information on CLEP (College Level Examination Program), Louise Cosper. To say its been around for many years is almost an understatement. Since 1899, the College Board, CEEB (College Entrance Examination Board) has afforded access to higher education to many. Let's hope that quite a few of our viewers will find this Thread you've posted and capitalize on its benefits.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back